Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
winners circle
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a set of 5/8 wheel studs for my axles but i can't find no instructions on how to install them correctly.How tight are they in the axle? Do you use locite when you put them in the axle ? Thanks for any help

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
You put the studs in the axel and tighten them to 120 ft lbs I think. No sealer, then you torque the lock nut to 100 ft lbs.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Mine are not threaded into the axle. They have a small shoulder and the axle has a clearance hole for the stud,and there are lock nuts on the back of the axle flange....you know those nuts that look crimped on the end...don't know how else to explain it.

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
I just did mine last night, Strange axles and 5/8 studs. Instructions said to use red loctite on threads and torque studs to 95 ft-lb in axle, then torque jamb nuts on back side to 70ft-lb.

Craig

·
winners circle
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just did mine last night, Strange axles and 5/8 studs. Instructions said to use red loctite on threads and torque studs to 95 ft-lb in axle, then torque jamb nuts on back side to 70ft-lb.

Craig
Thanks now i can get those put together.

·
winners circle
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guy i got them installed.Now if i had some dam help putting rearend under car..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts