Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
The Warbird
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 5.67 Pro gears are ruined, so Im reinstalling my set of 4.56 due to very limited funds at the moment. I run 6.0 index using N20 1.1 seconds out from launch in a 3005lb car. My engine makes peak torque at 6000 and peak horsepower at 7200rpm. Do you think Ill still have enough power to run 6.0 with these gears?

·
The Warbird
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it will go faster. The only thing that needs a 5.67 gear is a pull tractor.
Thanks, I hope so, its a higher rpm engine than last year.

I was crossing the finish at peak HP rpm and now it will be alot lower I think. I will find out soon enough I guess, I was hoping to get it back together in time to test this weekend, since Mike Hills Outlaws are back event is the following weekend, but the weather is looking bad here this weekend.

·
Grandpa
6,479 Posts
The 4.56 will likely make the convertor a little looser than before, you may need to spray it a bit sooner to make it work.
I bet for sure the car will be more predictable than before.
yep, I was thinking the same thing:p

·
The Warbird
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I might even get some 1/4 mile passes in again at Steele next month at the ORSCA race!

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
82,964 Posts
ONLY ONE WAY TO FIND OUT!:)

·
The Warbird
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I used a Race calculator and at 3005lbs with 780hp with N20 it says my car should go 9.teens or 5.80s, does that seem correct to yall? It ran 5.60s with the 5.67 gears with the same setup.

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
I used a Race calculator and at 3005lbs with 780hp with N20 it says my car should go 9.teens or 5.80s, does that seem correct to yall? It ran 5.60s with the 5.67 gears with the same setup.
Which calculator did you use? Thanks

·
The Warbird
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
The Warbird
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Anybody know if they turn on the 1/4 mile timers at Alabama International Dragway during the ORSCA testing sessions? I was at another event last year and they did for it, but since its a track rental I dont know.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Anybody know if they turn on the 1/4 mile timers at Alabama International Dragway during the ORSCA testing sessions?
Depends if they rented the whole track or not...;):)
All joking aside...I think you will see more mph and fairly close E.T.
Keep us posted with the results.
JB

·
The Warbird
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Depends if they rented the whole track or not...;):)
All joking aside...I think you will see more mph and fairly close E.T.
Keep us posted with the results.
JB
Thanks my converter is at PTC getting loosened up some, it was to tight and my 60ft was off .2 with the new engine combo. Hopefully I can get it dialed back in to 6.0 quickly.

·
The Warbird
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I wouldnt have it loosened too much. That gear swap is gonna loosen it all on its own. Did you tell Kenny your swapping gears ?
Yes I told them, picking it up tomorrow morning.

·
The Warbird
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1 - 19 of 19 Posts