Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much power can you make with one of these before they start breaking? I'm not looking to make 2000hp but somewhere around 900-1000, obviously new rods and pistons, but what about the crank? I want a car I can drive to the track and run 8's and drive home, either with a turbo or procharger. Thanks

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
They can make 1000+rwhp with the stock block, crank, and heads. Get the NVH block. They added 20lbs worth of reinforcement from 01' and up. Cranks are forged.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Looking for a good technical 5.4L Ford mod motor forum, anyone have some leads?
I'd probably say corral.net in their SVT/DOHC section. Back in the day there were daily postings from Al Papito, Scott Cushman, The Tymenski's, and John Mihovitz. Its slowed down a lot but the information is there if you search.

-Mark

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Didnt Mihovitz throw a stock navigator engine in his car once when one of his race engines broke?

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I decided to go ahead on this 5.4, what else besides rods, pistons, valve springs, and an upper manifold are necessary? I'm going to twin turbo it, I think the new billet 67's from precision. I don't want to spin it 9000 so what do I need for the tensioners and drives? Any info would help, thanks.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Not sure exactly how helpful they might be...but I have had a lot of help at ford-trucks.com
Maybe at least steer you towards best cores or compatibility

·
1-877-MOD-POWR
1,548 Posts
Let us know how we can help, we specialize in the 5.4 and have gone faster than anyone in the country (with a true 5.4), we have great tech help available and are happy to help you with your project. Another great site is www.turbomustangs.com

MMR

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
bump for old thread but looking for what some would think is ideal turbo sizes for a twin setup on a built 5.4 power will be transferred thru a 4R100 and 9.75 rear

motor is 10.0cr, ported Navi heads, Ford GT cams

would like to see 11-1200 rwhp

have a set of 62-1 turbos laying around but looking at other options

1 - 12 of 12 Posts