Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i looked for the old thread and i can find shit. i finally got my other stuff out of the way and i'm about to pull the Yukon in the shop. it a 2005 5.3 4x4.
i plan on cutting the dash and floor pan out and sliding a 1995 cab over it. then shorten it up to blazer length.
so from my earlier thread a set of 80# injectors and a hp tuner set up seemed to be the consensus. i have a set of turbonetics 60mm turbos for it. it has a 4l60 in it so i figure it will go to crap real quick. and a converter will be purchased when i do a 4l80 swap.
i was looking at a little john's cam kit, not sure which one yet. i have a snow water meth kit also.
it will be a street /play toy with a little track time thrown in. i will just fab up all the plumbing, i have done more than a few compound turbo set up for diesel rigs.
what am i missing?

·
Registered
200 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
do i have to have a blow off valve? is it necessary for an auto application? i will order the 3 bar today.i bought the pact springs that were recommended on sloppy mech. what cam would be good for a quick boost on a street driven truck. changed my mind on the wheel base its staying a long bed.

·
348 Posts
gunracer1,

I would highly recommend you consider utilizing a blow off valve with your application. When you shut the throttle plate the BOV will alleviate any surge scenarios that can arise from residual air pressure in the system.

This combination could get away with a single 50mm blow off valve however a single 64mm such as we offer will only give more protection to the turbochargers.

http://www.precisionturbo.net/boost-control/blow-off-valves/details/PTE-PB64-64mm-Blow-Off-Valve--BOV-/572

We also offer a Big Stuff 3 map sensor and offer every accessory you need to get your vehicle off the jack stands!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts