Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently installed a Terminator X Max on a 5.3 in a Rock Crawler. Runs good from 2,500 and up. But at idle seems rich and it will not start and idle. You have to start it and bring the rpm up and gradually come down to idle. Then it will idle and go in and out of gear. But when you restart it you have to go through the process again to get it to idle. Any ideas?

·
Registered
19,927 Posts
Tune, IAC adjusted correctly, TPS autoset

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
80,124 Posts
WHERE IS THE O2 SENSOR INSTALED

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Auto set was done. The O2 sensor is about 4" out from where the short headers merge.

·
Registered
16,356 Posts
Auto set was done. The O2 sensor is about 4" out from where the short headers merge.
The autoset is completely separate from setting the Iac. Look at the iac as your choke. Its a small motor that opens as closes to control the idle when cold. It works in conjunction with your temp idle control, and other parameters you need to input, to control engine rpm when cold. All you TPS auto set is tell the ecu where zero, and wot are on your tps. The bottom "sensor" is your TPS, the silver top sensor is you IAC. Thats what you need to set up in the ecu. This may help.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuZC79sOZOk

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After talking to the tech guy at Holley, we have determined that we have the wrong injector setting. And the one we need is not currently in the program. We are going to have to change injectors or find someone who can enter it in the card.

·
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
25,594 Posts
try one similar in psi..remember ls injectors are rated @ 58lbs so if you picked 43 psi base it will f it up.

what cam duration range did you pick?.(this can effect fuel correction in lower rpms) is it not correcting on the cold start up idle.?.or is it every temp range it does it?

whats the actual engine combo an cam info?
whats the idle set at?if iac is off an to low idle rpm being blades to far closed it could not have enough air on initial start up till the iac opens causing it to be fatter. then if your fuel map isnt setup right for cold start up enrichment an is to fat its basically just adding to it..

you can set up the ecu to auto correct at a lower temp to help give you a idea what tge engine might want fuel wise on start up when its like 30 degrees out

·
Registered
19,927 Posts
Injector off time was going to be my next question, the term x doesnt do low imp injectors. I fought idle quality by using some unknow injs, until I got some from their list. What injs do you have, there are some lists floating around with injector info. May not be the problem, but could add to it.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
After talking to the tech guy at Holley, we have determined that we have the wrong injector setting. And the one we need is not currently in the program. We are going to have to change injectors or find someone who can enter it in the card.
Shoot me a PM, I can tune what you have most likely. I tune holley everyday and install it on 99% of the cars we build at my shop.

Reactions: 79540

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How do you add an injector to the program? Is it done by sending you the card and injector information or is it more in depht than that? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
You either have to put the SD card in a computer or have the USB-CAN cable and then know what brand and or part number your injector is.

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
This is one of the many reasons these things should be tuned after a experienced tuner after they are up and running. I fix issues with these things quite often.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts