Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has the best prices on a Forged piston and Forged rod combo for 5.3 and 6.0?

Is there someone on the forum who sells them or does everyone go mailorder?

Turbo application, looking for 10-1 roughly and H beams.

Thanks

Where are you guys getting your rings>?

·
Puttin'er in the beams!
1,336 Posts
I'm honestly not sure if ERL Performance sells parts aside from what they assemble, but it might be worth the phone call. Granted, they did all the assembly and machine work on my engine, but their pricing on rods, pistons, studs, etc was far cheaper than I could have bought the stuff for anywhere else. Callies/Wiseco. I think Eagle rods would save you some cash if you're not looking to make ridiculous power.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Okay ive been looking around. Im under the impression that the I-Beam rods are stronger. Is this right?

Scat has some inexpensive stuff with arp 2000 bolts in an I beam. I think ive decided on running the 5.3 right now and building up this 6.0 this summer with forged pistons and rods.

Trying to get the best bang for my buck here but if i can get a much better rod for a little more cash then im all for it. I havent heard many good things about Eagle so im exploring other options.

Any one on here sell this stuff? I wanna make this as reliable and strong as i can afford.

·
Registered
197 Posts
i used eagle rods and mahle power pak pistons for a 370ci lq9 . i also had no problem with the eagle rods (shoulda never sold it) needless to say they held up just fine under boost

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Im hearing good things about K1, Also part of Wiseco, but i cant recall if they offer an I-beam rod, but they were priced well...

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
I havent had any trouble with my Eagle H beam rods. Made over 900rwhp with them.

IMO the Callies Compstar stuff is gonna be your best bang for your buck. Guys have made big power with it and you dont hear as many horror stories about it as you do the Eagle and.Scat stuff.

As far as pistons go, Wiseco or Diamonds will do great. I would honestly just go witb the best deal on either one of them.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I would look at callies compstar, Manley, Eagle or K1 with arp 2000's pistons Wiseco or diamond or Manley 2618's, lot of guys making big power on manleys and they are a very quiet piston in operation. K1 would be a nice rod aswell, if you want to spend up go Olivers, L19 bolts and JE's with tool steel pins, steel top ring napier second. I think you could get a good combo of K1s or similiar through a shop. If you do detonate it in the tune up you will bend the crank with a lot of boost. But I think stock crank is fine .....

·
WHO DAT???
15,756 Posts
I have eight lightly used 6.125 Lunati Pro-Mod rods, a set of eight JE 4.020 2618 alloy Pistons with a -22 dish along with a new set of rings for the pistons. I will let all of this go for $800.00. If you are interested in these just let me know and I can send you some pics.

-dave

1 - 20 of 31 Posts