Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who are you guys using to do port/polish work on your 4v modular head stuff? The last shop I used was ok - kind of inconclusive results, they did some intake/exhaust work but no chamber work

I'm not real hung up on flow numbers, but prefer real world track results if anyone has any to share? It looks like MMR has a nice looking hand port and its reasonably priced. M2 Race Systems and Fox Lake both appear to have nice CNC programs for around $2k

I got a killer deal on some new heads that already have a hand port started, otherwise I'd consider not porting them at all

Any input ?

·
Registered
49,830 Posts
Which head ?

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
SCORE !!!!!! Thanks OP, I know this don't help you. But I saw this post and looked up M2 race systems because i never heard of them.....and they are like 30 minutes from ME ! Nobody, I mean nobody big into mod-motor stuff is anywhere near me.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Call BES Engine Services. They will do you a great set of heads and make power for you. Phone: 812-576-2371

·
Registered
49,830 Posts
Call BES Engine Services. They will do you a great set of heads and make power for you. Phone: 812-576-2371
It flows like over 300cfm at 500 lift out of the box, how much better would you need for such a small bore, the low lift flow is nuts !

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Like I was saying, they dont need a ton of attention, but a few ports have some hand work done, so they just all need to be matched as well as possible. Trying to go x275 racing next year so I need all the help I can get!

·
Registered
49,830 Posts
Like I was saying, they dont need a ton of attention, but a few ports have some hand work done, so they just all need to be matched as well as possible. Trying to go x275 racing next year so I need all the help I can get!
Any competent machinist or cylinder head guy should be able to handle a good VJ and bowl cleanup and seat blend. I'd put a change the seat angle on the intake to tame the low lift flow and help with backpressure blowing back up the intake runner.

·
Registered
762 Posts
It flows like over 300cfm at 500 lift out of the box, how much better would you need for such a small bore, the low lift flow is nuts !
Cause we race flow benches down the track :rolleyes:

More to getting a set of heads to work than flow bench numbers.

·
Registered
49,830 Posts
Cause we race flow benches down the track :rolleyes:

More to getting a set of heads to work than flow bench numbers.
Yeah, and out of the box the ford GT port is excelent. No real reason to mess with it for those 1000hp mod motors turning 7500ish rpm through the traps running mid-high 8's.Hell you'd have no problem with the FGT,B,C heads making low 8 seconds power with a good VJ and seat blend. I know a guy making plenty o power with a set of untouched B heads, Stock intake and turning 7800rpm. Making power to.

So, its not a big deal. The ford DOHC engine family has GREAT heads. The 2v, not so much.

·
1-877-MOD-POWR
1,549 Posts
Let us know if we can help, we have some great port jobs for the FGT/GT500 heads, our stage 3R port job is used our Pro and outlaw car and both motors make in excess of 2400 to the crank.

You are also welcome to use our UPS account # to ship them to save some money!

Let us know how we can help!!

MMR

1 - 18 of 18 Posts