Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the distributor like was on Kasse's and BES's EMC engines, readily available or did they make these work from existing parts out there?

·
Registered
16 Posts
My question is why did they use the cam drive distributors?

Typically this is done on high hp boosted applications that are having trouble firing the plugs reliably but conventional wisdom wouldn't suggest a 700hp NA engine would have this problem. But kaase knows his shit so I bet he has a very good reason for doing this. I just wish I knew what it is.

·
SO MUCH TIMING CHAIN!
1,135 Posts
new efi's can support most coils just fine now, but when i started my project i had to go to a distributor due to the problems with msd's dis 4 ignition boxs and using a oem ignition module (edis)

new stuff allows you to use a oem cam sensor and crank sensor, or a aftermarket crank trigger, and the new systems also have ignition module either integrated into the software with a secondary box.

·
Registered
50 Posts
yes if it has a pick up in it
assuming your trying to fix the weak cam sensor pick up signal, brian macy makea a hall effect cam sensor for the modular if you dont wann shell out the coin for the distributor

·
SO MUCH TIMING CHAIN!
1,135 Posts
Is it possible to use these distributors with a Holley EFI?

yes, use a crank trigger setup and the cam sensor can be used in the distributor modified, or oem cam sensor if the holley has adjustment (pretty sure it does)

it pretty much ends up being like a 86-95 mustang, firing orders are identical

1 - 8 of 8 Posts