Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What size rims and tires you 4th gen guys using on the back of STOCK bodied Camaros and Trans ams.I need to put somthing other then the stock 17s with a Mickey ET street on my brothers car.No traction at all.I think theres not enough side wall.Car makes 480 at the tire(motor).we are have rev limiter issues cause it spins so bad and and bangs the limiter set at 6850.

·
Registered
191 Posts
28 10.5 M/T tire on 15"X10" with a 7.5" backspacing I'm pretty sure.

·
Registered
191 Posts
He has a 9inch with a 4:10 in it.Maybe too much gear?

Don't know your setup really. My freinds T/A has a LSx, TH400, and 3.70 gears and crosses about 6700 at a 140 mph

·
Registered
191 Posts
Sounds like you should have enough gear to get through the traps. He might need to invest in a good frame mounted torque arm and lower control arms if he doesn't have them already and check the I/C location. The 15" wheel and tire will probably eliminate the spinning but will hurt the mph a little.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It has all the suspension bolt-ons(BMR) except K-member.Qa1 front and back.Frame ties.Still has factory brakes/aftermarket rotors..No cage/full interrior.Full length headers.Nothing lightened.The car went 12.40.Dont know mph.Since then we changed the rearend from stock3.23(or whatever) to 9inch4.10 .MSD coils.upgraded trans.bigger throttlebody andNOS.The computer was reprogramed since changes.I dont want him spraying till we get good motor passes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Prostars 15x10 7.5 backspace
26x10.5x15 et drags (1.45 60ft)
[email protected] with 3300 race weight and 451 rwhp
I have a th400 and 410`s and go through the traps at 6900 with the 26 inch tires
depending on race weight you should be a mid 10 or so

·
Nitrous Junky
10,820 Posts
Best fitting wheels So far are Bogarts. I am running Bogarts in the rear and M/T ETs up front with 3/4 spacers. The rears are 7.5BS BUT they have a 1/2in spacer welded in them from Bogart to clear the brakes. They only fit LT1 brakes. LS1 brake need a bigger spacer welded in.

Here is a track pic. getting the Suspenion ready for juice in brackets

And a street pic.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Best fitting wheels So far are Bogarts. I am running Bogarts in the rear and M/T ETs up front with 3/4 spacers. The rears are 7.5BS BUT they have a 1/2in spacer welded in them from Bogart to clear the brakes. They only fit LT1 brakes. LS1 brake need a bigger spacer welded in.

Here is a track pic. getting the Suspenion ready for juice in brackets

And a street pic.
VERY NICE!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.