Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a nasty vibration from 85 on up , I have the ES mount . Think I'm going to have to go back stock . What do you guys use ?

Ow my car is a 95 LT1 car

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The mount looks way to tall

·
Registered
136 Posts
I've got a nasty vibration from 85 on up , I have the ES mount . Think I'm going to have to go back stock . What do you guys use ?

Ow my car is a 95 LT1 car
I have had a vibration before with those too. I used a piece of tire tube and put it between the mount and trans tail and the vibe went away. It will especially do it if it's brand new.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its auto

·
Registered
613 Posts
I used the es for an older model on my 94. I made spacers to lower the crossmember since it was taller than the oe mount.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I used the es for an older model on my 94. I made spacers to lower the crossmember since it was taller than the oe mount.
I've heard of guys shimming it 3/8 in to get rid of the vibration. Theres from what Ive read have been at lower speeds than mine .

·
Registered
911 Posts
what driveshaft and pinion angle?
^^ This. My LT1 car had the stock steel driveshaft in it when I got it and it vibrated. Switched it out for a stock aluminum one from an LS1 car and all was good.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
^^ This. My LT1 car had the stock steel driveshaft in it when I got it and it vibrated. Switched it out for a stock aluminum one from an LS1 car and all was good.
Mine is stock steel . Maybe I'll try having it balanced

·
Under Construction
4,026 Posts
I had the same ES mount on my car, installed it just like it was supp. to be and no issues with it. I also had Prothane motor mounts and also had no issues with vibrations at all, might want to look into other options like warped rotors, rims/wheels out of balance, driveshaft/U-joint issues, ect. :smt102

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I had the same ES mount on my car, installed it just like it was supp. to be and no issues with it. I also had Prothane motor mounts and also had no issues with vibrations at all, might want to look into other options like warped rotors, rims/wheels out of balance, driveshaft/U-joint issues, ect. :smt102
It feels alot like a bad u joint , but I checked them and they seem fine , guess ill pull it back out and check it again . It does it under hard exceleration and above 85 . Its not the rotors . It is right there at the back of the tranny

·
angry russian
1,511 Posts
My prothane vibrated like crazy.. I did use 3m windoweld to fill in a stock mount and it lasted for a while with much less vibration- this is in a 99 formula

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok so now I'm nervous ! I laid into it a little thismorning and when I let out I felt and heard a pop in the drive line , kind of like the gears binding . Guess I have to pull the shaft out again and recheck everything . Kind of worried its going to be missing teeth on the ring gear

1 - 20 of 29 Posts