Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll keep this short and sweet, couldn't find any post that really helped, that was recent. I Need a 10 point (or whatever it takes to get 8.50 cert) for a 4th gen Camaro (95)...any help?

·
7.86 @ 8800DA 3365lb 275s
4,502 Posts
You can bring it to my shop and I'll install one for you. Not sure I'm understanding your question?s?. What do you need help with? Most all basic cage questions have been answered in the "roll cage FAQ" sticky at the top of this section.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, I was a little vague. I just mean what brands are guys using, had a friend buy a jegster cage, and I was personally not impressed. I know Wolfe, but that's about it. Just doing my research before I spend my hard earned money on junk!

·
Registered
11,729 Posts
Sorry, I was a little vague. I just mean what brands are guys using, had a friend buy a jegster cage, and I was personally not impressed. I know Wolfe, but that's about it. Just doing my research before I spend my hard earned money on junk!
You will be "smiles and smiles" ahead if you let someone like Justin (above post) build you a cage. I like seeing anyone trying to do their own work if that's why you want to buy one.I believe that's what makes "store bought" cages popular for some. So, if your going to try to do it yourself...you must already have a welder.Buy you a tubeing bender and do that part yourself also.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea I just really enjoy doing the work myself! But I don't have a tubing bender or a way to notch, but I do have access to a very good welder and I can actually weld.

·
Mike
7,658 Posts
There are different styles of cages, Google will help. Front halo bar with A pillar bars vs A pillar bars that follows the roof line to the main hoop with a cross bar at the windshield. Finding coping angles, and fitting the pipe with no gaps for welding is is something I'm having someone do for me. I'm hopeless at it.

·
Registered
18,104 Posts
There are different styles of cages, Google will help. Front halo bar with A pillar bars vs A pillar bars that follows the roof line to the main hoop with a cross bar at the windshield. Finding coping angles, and fitting the pipe with no gaps for welding is is something I'm having someone do for me. I'm hopeless at it.
Shit that is the fun part , drives you crazy , but it is a good kind of crazy , LOL !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts