Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a b&m pro stick with the 4 speed gate forward pattern i have to put it in 1st and hold the lever in to shift into second then let go of the lever and push the stick into 3rd and i hate it what do you 4l80e guys use for just bangin the gears without all that lever work its tuff enuff to line lock , footbrake, launch , hold on for dear life and drive the car without holdin levers and no i dont want a paddle shifter i like bangin the gears way too much

·
Registered
864 Posts
I have a tci outlaw and I just have to slap it into 2nd and then pull lever for 3rd...basically just find a ratchet shifter that will work with the 4l80 pattern if u don't want to pull any levers to shift

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think thats half the problem......finding a shifter like yours compatible with the 4 speed pattern does tci offer a four speed pattern in outlaw shifter ?

·
Smoked another CTD
3,956 Posts

·
Registered
20,221 Posts
X2 on the B & M pro rachet, i used several, love them, just hit the lever and go-you have to pull a pin for 4 sp trans, and i think rachet twice in/out of park, but no big deal, and make sure the cable is mounted the correct way at the shifter housing, and correct location on the trans lever, bullet proof

·
Registered
395 Posts
I have a tci outlaw and I just have to slap it into 2nd and then pull lever for 3rd...basically just find a ratchet shifter that will work with the 4l80 pattern if u don't want to pull any levers to shift
Which outlaw did you get? The only one I see compatible with the 4L80 is a $500 shifter!

·
Registered
580 Posts
I have the pro stick for my 700R4 and i just slap it into second and pull the handle to get into third.I'm about to install a 4l80e and thought the shifter and cable would work with no problems.I think the 80e has the same detent as the 700.

i have a b&m pro stick with the 4 speed gate forward pattern i have to put it in 1st and hold the lever in to shift into second then let go of the lever and push the stick into 3rd and i hate it what do you 4l80e guys use for just bangin the gears without all that lever work its tuff enuff to line lock , footbrake, launch , hold on for dear life and drive the car without holdin levers and no i dont want a paddle shifter i like bangin the gears way too much

1 - 12 of 12 Posts