Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1957 Chevy Belair 2Dr, 57 Chevy Belair 4Dr., 72 Chevy K10
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This ‘04 I’m building has zero play when I try to pick up the front planet while holding the center support; always have something on previous builds. I had to replace the sun gear but everything else is stock; they measure .001 difference. I used a metal 4 tab washer in place of plastic one in between planets , but they are same thickness. Rear end play at .013 converted to a roller bearing. Don’t see any other thickness washers to adjust. Ideas?

·
Registered
1957 Chevy Belair 2Dr, 57 Chevy Belair 4Dr., 72 Chevy K10
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Super rare to see reaction with zero. If it even has. 001" it will be ok as the rear is. 013" which I would make tighter if I had my choice.

Hutch
Thanks, my thoughts exactly! But I triple checked everything. Even removed the tabbed washer just to see and had a bunch of movement then (probably the .060 of the washer).

Have you ever shaved a bit off the tabbed washer or bushing under the front planet?

So what's your "sweet spot" for rear clearance? I'm using the GM specs out of ATSG which is something like .003 - .023 (don't quote me). Do the roller bearings like tighter clearances?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts