Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new 4L80 stage two with brake from Jakes with his black box. Have 12V supplied to box (pink wire) when we lock up the converter (brown wire which shows 12V) we are seeing no change in rpm. On the lift we can hear the solenoid engage so the box appears to be working correctly. Converter is from FTI SRLS 47082 with lock up. Only other thing plugged in to the trans is the VSS switch, could this be screwing with the signal?

Not sure what else to check and Jake is currently unavailable, leave for DW tomorrow. Any advise is welcome.

Trans is working flawlessly otherwise.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Rob,
I got your message. If you are applying ground to the brown wire from the manual box, and solenoid is clicking, but no lockup. the TCC PWM valve may be stuck from the transmission sitting for an extended period of time.
I would confirm ground to brown wire.
Then drop the pan and remove the PWM sol, manually stroke the valve to check for movement.

If not that, you may have a damaged input shaft o-ring, converter o-ring, or valve stuck in the pump.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jake, thanks for calling me and posting the info. Yes it's an older build that's been sitting for 2 years so the valve is more then likely stuck. I will get it warmed up and cycle the solenoid valve as advised. Results to flow after DW.

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts