Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a (center lube) 4L80 on the stand at home that I've been doing some crap to. It has the rossler brake and their proprietary Moroso pan, which hits the dimples on the late style filter I have here. I tried smashing the dimples down, but if I put the filter on something hard enough to get the job done, i know it's going to break the upper half. Filter rests on the TFP switch just like it's supposed to with the extension tube installed. Can/should I run an early style filter on this thing? I tried searching and came back with nothing. I don't have an early filter to measure, just figured I'd ask before I go grab one tomorrow only to measure and have it come out too shallow in the pan. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just to update in case anyone runs into this:

The early and late filter bodies both extend roughly 3.5" down from the pan rail to the bottom of the actual filter body with the moroso extension installed. The only difference I noted was the excess draft from the dimples stopping my pan from going on. Installed the early style filter, pan went on just like it's supposed to.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts