Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can a 4l60e be built to handle 600 fwhp these days?
I know sonnax brought out alot of hard parts to remedy alot of there strength issues but has anyone actually built one and had it last at this or more hp?

·
Registered
398 Posts
Yes with virtually all stock hard parts depending on weight and intended use.
There are some nice parts from sonnax but the stock hard parts are plenty durable for many 600hp setups

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes with virtually all stock hard parts depending on weight and intended use.
There are some nice parts from sonnax but the stock hard parts are plenty durable for many 600hp setups
Has someone made a manual valve body as yet?

·
Registered
398 Posts
Multiple options for full manual
Easiest way is a single 5 pin relay and some wiring at the external harness. This will use the pressure switch manifold to operate the solenoids. Works as full manual. Gives you the ability to easily return to automatic shifts in the future should you desire.

You can use a kit like transgo to make a fwd full manual
I'd stay far away from the vacuum modulator setup that they have replace the epc

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok the reason i ask about the manual body is i have a sbc in a 1977 car so no ecu at all
Is there prefered years of box that are better then others?

·
Registered
750 Posts
A 4L80e would be better IMO, the 4L60e to me seems like it's not a matter of if but when it'll be a box full of neutrals.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A 4L80e would be better IMO, the 4L60e to me seems like it's not a matter of if but when it'll be a box full of neutrals.
My problem is finding an 80e here in oz
The cheapest i can find a core for is $2500 and then i need to build it

1 - 15 of 15 Posts