Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello i have a 496ci big block chev, going blow throw and single turbo and a mate has a cummins truck turbo, has been rebuilt he was told it was a t18a but the specs he gave me are it has a 130mm compressor wheel with a .81 cover and a 1.70 rear housing, it seams prity large but i dont mind if it will work being an truck turbo they usealy are quite large i supose,
what rpm do you think it will be on boost by,
ANY INFO ABOUT THE TURBO WOULD BE GREAT,
thanks in advance Andrew

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
i dont really know much about turbo's but the rear housing is huge-

u hear here and their of a 1.32 or 1.50 exhaust but never heard of a 1.70 on a race set-up

thats better left to buses and trucks ----

i could be wrong-

Thanks

Nick--

·
Custom Engine Shop
3,812 Posts
hello i have a 496ci big block chev, going blow throw and single turbo and a mate has a cummins truck turbo, has been rebuilt he was told it was a t18a but the specs he gave me are it has a 130mm compressor wheel with a .81 cover and a 1.70 rear housing, it seams prity large but i dont mind if it will work being an truck turbo they usealy are quite large i supose,
thanks in advance Andrew

That is a huge turbo should work well a 8000rpm.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah to me the 130mm wheel sounds to big to me but i have not seen the turbo, withthe sizes you said you think it will be what would it be like on my engine,
cheers:peeing

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
WE NEED MORE INFO!!! If you want anyone to help you out get us some tag id. or sizes, or at the least a picture or two.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Custom Engine Shop
3,812 Posts
From the pic it looks like an 80-90mm
The 1.70 AR is still huge.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i thought it may be to big a rear, what do you think would be suited for my motor size wise, keeping in mind i would like to stay single

cheers AndrewYBBitch:

·
Custom Engine Shop
3,812 Posts

i thought it may be to big a rear, what do you think would be suited for my motor size wise, keeping in mind i would like to stay single

thanks in advance Andrew
How much hp you need or want?

·
Custom Engine Shop
3,812 Posts

·
Custom Engine Shop
3,812 Posts
will there be a large amount of back pressure problems do you think with a s475 turbo,

thanks for taking the time to reply ,
Andrew
These have a 1.32 hotside. At only 650 hp I imagine you are not turning it too hard... So it will not be bad.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Its probable a T18A like the one I have, however mine is a 1.32 exhaust housing.

Does anyone know where I can get a 1. exhaust housing for my T18A??

1 - 19 of 19 Posts