Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for ideas for a 496 bbc build. Single carb high compression bracket class. Budget is $7500 i have a gm block with aftermarket main caps already. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
SRP pistons, Molnar crank and rods. Dart Pro 1 325 heads with 2.30" valve or Brodix equivalent, 276*/284*/ .750"/.725" lift cam, Morel lifters, Edelbrock 454R Victor intake., Comp Cams Ultra Pro Magnum rockers, Jomar stud girdle, Cloyes best timing set #3610? or Rollmaster Gold, Melling Select oil pump, Moroso oil pan with built in windage tray. Maybe more than $7500 depending on machine work cost and if you can do your own checking and assembly. Or check with Nyes Automotive (Pat) In Muncie Indiana for one of their kits, short blocks.

Only cost difference between a 496 and a 555 is block cost.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Looking for ideas for a 496 bbc build. Single carb high compression bracket class. Budget is $7500 i have a gm block with aftermarket main caps already. Any help would be appreciated.
A high compression build is not going to be a Budget Build. I have what you need For Sale, 496 build with 14.1 comp and the list goes on. This combo was built to run Super Comp & Super gas. If you are interested, send me a P.M.

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
Malibu, you have a good solid foundation for a nice 850/900Hp deal.

Hurt around for the best rotating assembly you like.can afford. Alot of times the kits are cheaper then piecing together something. Check our Promaxx Shocker 340 or 370 heads or talk with Speier about Floteks, probably a better buy going with Chad. Or source used heads. Once you figure out heads, keep an eye out for a used Super Vic intake if you can. GS and Bam make a good quality lifter that usually isn't as pricey as the Morels.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts