Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to do a Procharger on my 496 BBC I run in a street/strip 1982 C-10 Chev pickup. Right now it has Dart tunnel ram,2-1050's modded by Pro Systems and has ZERO street manners. Its kind of a budget deal so I don't want to go crazy with it. What should I go with for Procharger,carb,compression and cam for 800hp or so? The current motor makes 720hp and I'm happy with that(could always have mor:p) but its just very hard to drive on the street. It spends over half its time on the street.

Current Setup:
1982 Chev C-10 pickup,3900lbs,720hp 496BBC,GM block,splayed caps,Eagle 4340 crank,Eagle H-Beams,13:1,Dart 360's,roller cam(.720" lift can't remember specs right now),9" with 4.10's,TH400,Cal Tracks,325/50-15 drag radials,16 gallon fuel cell,has Snow water/meth system

·
Registered
470 Posts
If you set on a procharger use a f1r. If it were me I would do a 8-71 and use the carbs you have. Just drop the compression.

·
Registered
296 Posts
i have a 496 bbc with a f1 c on it i am making about 1000 out off the motor you could make a little more then that if you like.

you will need to drop youre compression i have my at 8:3.1 or so i witch it was like at 9 to one but that is what it cam out to

i have a blown true carb from csu kevin over their is the man wen it comes to carbs and his tech support is one off the best around

need to get a msd 6al2 digital programable or a ignition sytem that will take some timing out .

change the cam you can talk to steve morris about a cam. my cam is from comp cams.

i drive my on the street more then i take it to the track it is in a 69 chevelle weights about 3900 also i been 138 10.047 with trans problems planning on going to the track tomorrow hopping to get into the 9's

if you have any questions fell free to send me a pm

good luck with the build

·
Registered
432 Posts
Hey another 496 here. mine has a d1sc which i know is small but with a blower cam and 8-1 compression and a c&s carb he is also the man for blow thru carbs. i make the 800 hp range you are looking for I get about 12 lbs of boost. The gas where I am is 91 octane so I put on water methanol injection. Mine spends all it's time on the street cuz they won't let my convertible on the track lol. It is a pleasure to drive and get decent mileage believe it or not. Well with a 6 speed I am at 1700 rpm at 70 with 3.90 gears

1 - 4 of 4 Posts