Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Driver MJM Racing
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering, want a good head for a 496 BBC Im building running NOS lightweight S10 Truck 2250lbs with glide. Run Mostly NA but will be hitting around 350-400 once we get it straight.

Was looking at the Brodix Line of heads just not sure which one. STS BB2 Plus looks good.

Thanks

·
Driver MJM Racing
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
4.31 Bore im using so just want to be sure there wouldnt be any issues.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
I would run their bb3xtra 332 if you were getting one of their cnc ported heads. I have done many bb2 plus heads that I have hand ported and have had very good luck with them. That would save you some money. Brodix has a very strong casting so you really can't go wrong with them.

·
Driver MJM Racing
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looking for a pair of used any ideas? Also any Piston Dome recomendations for a high compression motor and dont realy want to have to worry to much about Piston to Valve.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I run Dart 335 CNC on mine, with JE 118432 (I think is the number, they are the old design) and have a mile of p/v clearance.

·
Driver MJM Racing
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im guessing thats a custom piston......

·
Registered
664 Posts
It is a shelf design for 24 degree stuff. It has been superceded to a new number now 258243. It fit the Dart chamber great.

·
Driver MJM Racing
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks saw them and was leaning that way in dome for sure for the Compression

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
I'm building one using a Merlin 320 heads and a 40cc dome srp pistons. Hope I makes good power on a 300 shot.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts