Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious if run on race gas can you make 1000hp 468 afr heads 8.5 comp 8/71 dual 1050s. how much boost? thinking of a under blower intercooler curious if they mess up flow to cylinder heads any body with experiance with one?

·
Registered
8,263 Posts
Yeah, it's possible to do. Probably around the 20-25 PSI mark, but in reality, it's got more to do with head flow than a specific boost number.

The trick is going to be doing it on gas without detonation.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
If I remenber B&M some years ago dynoed and tryied alot of things but only got 950 hp,they found that a a W/A intercooler under the blower worth 80 hp.....This engine was used in a T Roadster called Limefire........OLDHEAD

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Curious if run on race gas can you make 1000hp 468 afr heads 8.5 comp 8/71 dual 1050s. how much boost? thinking of a under blower intercooler curious if they mess up flow to cylinder heads any body with experiance with one?

Sure, giving the time and money you can do it. Problem is that 8-71 eats up a lot of power, so the gross hp is a lot higher to get the net 1000hp. Unless your just wanting a certain look, a ProCharger would do it much easier.

Blessings.......Ron.

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
Hype, ask your question at insidetopalcohol.com. No disrespect to the YB guys, but there are a LOT of big time blower guys that hang out there. The limiting factor, other than octane/heat in your type of combo is the carbs. It can/has been done but the carbs have to be RIGHT, (hard to do), or the motor easily leans out and fries at that hp level. Most people that do what you are trying to do use the enderle hat efi setup like BDS sells. Top of the line set up,alot more forgiving, plenty of fuel potential.

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
Hype, my post was for streetable stuff, race only stuff, blown alky the only way to go.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BLOWN

the motor i got had a injecter on it it made 1130 hp i got the motor cheap and it is in mint cond i just dont want to run it around on alcohol.the car will see very limited street time carshows and such i was just curious what kind of power i could make with race gas c-16 when i took it to the track.thats why i was curious about those chiller cooler under the blower also.

·
Registered
84 Posts
If I remenber B&M some years ago dynoed and tryied alot of things but only got 950 hp,they found that a a W/A intercooler under the blower worth 80 hp.....This engine was used in a T Roadster called Limefire........OLDHEAD

Yeah, but that was with their inefficient 2 lobe straight rotor design that displaced more CFM than a 6-71 but less than an 8-71.

1000 HP on C16 can be done, but you will need a GOOD set of heads (Something like Dart Pro 1 355 CNC of AFR 357 Magnum CNC) While the intake runners may seem too large for a 454, under boost, they merely act as reservoirs. I've found it almost impossible to have too big an intake runner on a blown race application.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'm interested in this subject also, I was wanting to build a blower moter for my 56. Was running a 460 cu", I have a set of BB2 extras that I was thinking of trying, I just thought they were too big.

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
well i ran mine on C-12 VP at 9% OD,30* timing,.646intake .631 EX 112LSA roller with some ported 346 chrysler iron heads flowing 280/180 at .600.with the chiller the intake temps went from 270F to 130*
good luck with your build!that was with 12lbs of boost.

·
Registered
8,477 Posts
I have a real nice dual dominator BDS scoop for sale I have the air cleaners,lids. Check out racingjunk.com add #1255661. By the way I made 1350 at the wheels on carbs

·
Registered
179 Posts
well i ran mine on C-12 VP at 9% OD,30* timing,.646intake .631 EX 112LSA roller with some ported 346 chrysler iron heads flowing 280/180 at .600.with the chiller the intake temps went from 270F to 130*
good luck with your build!that was with 12lbs of boost.
interesting, i got even colder intake temp in my motor (120 at wot) without a chiller but i use e85 for fuel. why not use that fuel instead of a chiller?

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
interesting, i got even colder intake temp in my motor (120 at wot) without a chiller but i use e85 for fuel. why not use that fuel instead of a chiller?
that was with tap water !just think with ice water the temps could be!or E-85 and a chiller.i have had the chiller for 3 yrs.E-85 is just coming around.i will get there next yr i think converting the carbs.or new 1's.
thanks for the reply!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts