Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into building a 468 sbc, trying to see what combo's you guy's have put together and what kind of HP? I will be spraying it with the juice, it would be a grudge engine, what head's,cam,etc. I would also want it to be single carb,sleeper looking max effort... I came across a good deal on a DART Iron Eagle 4.155 bore,clearanced for 4.250 stroke,raised cam,etc...

·
Registered
738 Posts
When I built mine I decided to stay a little smaller 447.That way you are not maxed out on bore so if something happens you don't have to sleeve it.You also have more compression height on your piston,which helps when spraying.

·
Registered
20,824 Posts
All I will Say is you cant buy a To Big of a head to feed it even N/A and with the added volume of the spray. No 23* heads going to feed it right. Tall deck blocks with intake spacers are not much of a sleeper. Little Chiefs are your friend.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
All I will Say is you cant buy a To Big of a head to feed it even N/A and with the added volume of the spray. No 23* heads going to feed it right. Tall deck blocks with intake spacers are not much of a sleeper. Little Chiefs are your friend.

:supz::supz::supz:

·
Registered
556 Posts
It is a 9.325 deck height,can i make this work?
Yes you can. you'll end up with 1.075 comp height with a 6.125" rod. which would help for nitrous by pushing rings down a little.

I also agree with Jeff. you will need a lot of heads to feed this puppy and the little chief are a very nice head for it. :smt118

·
Registered
7,489 Posts
Lil Cheifs are the not what i would use in a SLEEPER LOOKING build like he wants to do LOL hell some sees under the hood and they are running for the bushes or asking for land . i would personally use a casting design that uses a factory 4 bolt style valve cover so at a quick glance the motor looks like a SBC not a mini BBC LOL .

·
Registered
6,625 Posts
How about these? Still look like a conventional head.
http://www.dartheads.com/products/c...e-series-small-block-chevy-cylinder-head.html

I agree, hard to get heads big enough. I have SB2's on my 461 and the 447 in my brothers car, unless you have them worked for NOS not the best chamber to use. Give Curtis a call at RFD, he can set you up with the best heads for what you want to do and within whatever your budget is.

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
I think the problem here is the collision of words that don't fit in the same sentence. "Max effort" and "Sleeper" I would say pick one and roll! lol

·
Registered
714 Posts
check with scott at par race engines in spartanburg sc. he is building a 468 all aluminum small block with dart 11 degree dart heads and single carb intake. made 980 hp on motor

·
Registered
333 Posts
i have a top half for sale 12 degree heads and hogans sheetmetal for a 9.325 deck will sell everything needed to run or whole enigine carbs to crank 448" sbc 2 doms set up for 2 foggers pm me

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
[I agree i shouldn't put sleeper in the same sentence as max effort. I'm just not trying to have 2 carb's and i want to grudge race it. I know alot of guy's will no what it is,but i still want to say sbc on stock suspension. Got a good deal on the block and was looking at the little chief's to feed it,how much are these head's and i will definately be calling RFD to get his opinion.QUOTE=90lxracer;5517806]I think the problem here is the collision of words that don't fit in the same sentence. "Max effort" and "Sleeper" I would say pick one and roll! lol[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The little chief's are bad ass,but i do think they cost to much for my budget with all the work that has to be done to run them...

·
Registered
556 Posts
I know the little chief heads also require a special block with relocated lifter bores (per DART). So you might want to check more into it before getting the block if you don't have it already.

·
Registered
556 Posts
The little chief's are bad ass,but i do think they cost to much for my budget with all the work that has to be done to run them...
In that case I would like at the DART 9* heads which can be used with a standard block.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts