Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Brett,
15 deg heads?
Do you think there would be any benefit in angle milling the heads a degree or so?

·
Registered
686 Posts
That's right where our chevy is on hp in my sig but that extra cubes you have make for impressive torque.That will should be a nice engine at the track.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Brett,
15 deg heads?
Do you think there would be any benefit in angle milling the heads a degree or so?
I think 15° is good on this CI.

That’s what this head was designed around (lots of RD from me at the 15°)

we have just done some 12° by moving guides. I and not a big fan of angle milling heads.
Small engines are better with low valve angle to get CR. MY TWO CENTS.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Very impressive. Why is the hp almost the same from 7000 to 8600+ rpm? Is that normal? Don't take me wrong, it's awesome to have that power for over 1500 rpm. I'd expect it to keep climbing or drop off, that thing just hangs there.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Very impressive. Why is the hp almost the same from 7000 to 8600+ rpm? Is that normal? Don't take me wrong, it's awesome to have that power for over 1500 rpm. I'd expect it to keep climbing or drop off, that thing just hangs there.
intake and heads are large cam is tick on the small side as this will be raced in Colorado.

no air so I kept some good cylinder pressure in it to help out.

it just makes power quick with the cam and the heads and intake help it hang on.

·
Registered
758 Posts
intake and heads are large cam is tick on the small side as this will be raced in Colorado.

no air so I kept some good cylinder pressure in it to help out.

it just makes power quick with the cam and the heads and intake help it hang on.
If you were to change it to race at sea level, what changes would you make? Do you think you could make 1100?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If you were to change it to race at sea level, what changes would you make? Do you think you could make 1100?
I think the heads are out of room at this point.
If you look at fuel some power in it yet nothing crazy.

doing second engine for same guy going to make a few changes see what happens.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts