Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have the opportunity to pick up a 455 cu in small block Ford shortblock. It has top dollar billet parts in it. I also can get a set of pro comp Cleveland heads the castings are supposivly really strong. I can send to Dr j's for porting. He claims around 400 cfm. I will put top dollar parts in them. It also comes with a heavly ported svo intake. I was thinking of going with two 4788s. Would this be a good choice for turbos for this setup? How much power can something like this make? There's no limitations for class racing. Also how much injectors to run on alky? Thanks any help or thoughts would be good. Also what ar size and would two t4 4788 or two t6 4788 work best? I'm not stuck on 4788s but don't wanna spend 5000 on two turbos. Any other suggestions? Sorry its a lot of questions but I hope I get some responses.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Pistons are not cut yet so what compression would be best for this on alky?

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One more thing the heads aren't the new style ones and not even sure what they are. I was originally told c3s. We did a lot of research and the only thing we could come up with is pro comp castings. I thought they were some Aussie heads or knockoffs but they are not.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That has crossed my mind actually. I wanna be at the 2000 HP mark. Not to familiar with a 118 on a big small block and its HP capabilities and spooling characteristics.

·
Registered
25,667 Posts
That has crossed my mind actually. I wanna be at the 2000 HP mark. Not to familiar with a 118 on a big small block and its HP capabilities and spooling characteristics.
Advertised 2800 . No problem on the spool. Of course everything needs to work together.

·
Keepn my pimp hand strong
6,768 Posts
Big Single would work nice but might want to reconsider the alky ,it will be hard on sb bearings. Twin 88s will work great also but probably some weight and money saved with the single.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was trying to get away from the intercooler and extra piping and ice tank. I want it as light as possible since I'm not class racing the car. I never heard of the bearing problem but am open to changing some things around since I want it to all work partially reliable. But i did spin a bearing in my big Windsor small block nos motor so I can see what you are talking about with the bearing issue.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So the alky is harder on the bearings then c16? What about e98? I don't know much about that either.

·
Registered
25,667 Posts
I would think c-16 blow thru with either a 106 or 118 is the way to go. As been said before blow thru tend to have troubles at the 2000 hp level. I'd stay with the 106 and get a 1.32 ar

·
Registered
25,667 Posts
Seem to be chasing you here, lol. Bs3 and injectors go straight to the 118. Remember to use 2 gates with the 118. Methanol needs fairly big injectors and bs3 will need to be o2 upgrade.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Seem to be chasing you here, lol. Bs3 and injectors go straight to the 118. Remember to use 2 gates with the 118. Methanol needs fairly big injectors and bs3 will need to be o2 upgrade.
What size gates for a 118? And what ar size for that cu in? What compresion for the methonal... Is 11 to 1 good? Where will that turbo run out of pressure on that type of motor? Would 2 160 injectors per cylinder be ok or would a big single be better? I know its a lot of questions but any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
16,782 Posts
Twin 88s 2 sets of 220lb injectors 10.1 compression and be done with it . :p Dont know about fords but my bearing always look new :)

·
Registered
674 Posts

·
Registered
16,782 Posts
2000 HP should not be a problem with this setup I'm assuming
Just make sure you Put the right fuel pump on and you should be fine but dal knows more then me his car flys for a sbf on alky . He told me to take compression out and he was right my new motor makes Tons of power and not as hard on parts ;.

·
Registered
16,782 Posts
What Troy said, never had any bearing issues, get some King Bearings.
Hummmm king bearing huh I was just thinking about changing my bearing out and if the kings are a good bearing .

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Cool I'm gonna look into the twin 88s on alky. My whole goal is around 2000 HP and 2700 lbs race weight. This is by no means a cheap build but def not a 6 figure build. I'm guessing I would need a belt drive fuel pump for something like this.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts