Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just want to see what you guys think about this setup. it is not in the same league as you but still a turbo car.. i have a 455 buick in a 70 gs im going to put a te-45a turbo with a .81 4 bolt exaust housing on it . i know it is small but what i want is a nearly stock driving car with a lot more torque. what im thinking is a 3.08 to 3.31 gear and a 2200 converter. 10 to 12 lbs boost with an intercooler and blothru setup. im looking for high 10s when its all dialed in . what do you think. thanks

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Is it a P or Q trim? I believe that turbo is going to be way too small for the set up. If its set up for a Turbo Regal, the exhaust housings are most certainly too small. At a minimum if you insisted on using it would convert it to a T4 exhaust housing.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
this is a turbo i had on my gn. but it has a .81 t4 on center housing that flows better than a gn 3 bolt setup. im sure that it is on the small side but on my 231 i needed 3500 to spool it so it seems to me 1800 should be about right for a 455. im thinking that it will become restrictive at about 5000 rpm but thats fine.it still has a 67 mm compressor if im not mistaken. this turbo goes 10s on a 231 easy so im hoping it can get close on a v8. thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts