Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone else hear W.J.'s comment that his first Pro Stock car cost him $3500 and now they are $450,000. That seems a little high even by todays standars.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Can you build a pro stock cheaper..Probaly.

can you build a pro stock that can run with Anderson, Line, Connelly, Kurt.......Probaly not.

VINNIE

·
Registered
12,031 Posts
All for 50,000 dollars :p

·
www.PelechBrosRacing.com
4,000 Posts
A full trick PS roller with all of the finest components is close to $200K from Haas.

·
Registered
788 Posts
some fo those guys dont have the sponsorship or budget to come out of the ate and spend x amount of dollars but for the teams with the so called "unlimited funds" $450k can quickly be spent

·
Registered
731 Posts
Can you build a pro stock cheaper..Probaly.

can you build a pro stock that can run with Anderson, Line, Connelly, Kurt.......Probaly not.

VINNIE
x2

·
Registered
941 Posts
the first couple of races they were talking about the cost to operate for a season and it was said that a well funded prostock team would probably spend around $3.5-4 million and a so so team that could qualify for a few races but not be real competetive would spend @$2-3 million a season.
and just think, greg anderson had someone else driving his newest car that he will drive a little later this season.

·
Confused Racer
42,093 Posts
dont those dewco rears most use cost like 30k or something like that ?
Warren has a one of a kind rear end housing like no one else. I can't imagine what he spent to have it made. and boy is it trick. I'm starting to think that warren's car is the test car for Kurt.

·
Tellin' it like it is
9,830 Posts
I once heard WJ say he wears out a 5 axis CNC machine every 18 months :eek:

I have no trouble accepting that a world championship turnkey pro stock car is nearly half a million. Its got more titanium and carbon fiber on it than the space shuttle for shits sake.

·
Registered
7,489 Posts
in the BG article about PS engines, I belive he said they are about 175K now days....omg..thats alot of change

that,s what i saw as well , hell when PS truck was still runnin Grumpy wanted something like $150K for 2 bullets on a lease and one had to be at the shop for freshing or something like that

·
Confused Racer
42,093 Posts
actually its more like 1million plus for a nhra engine lease program for the season. I think it takes about 10 engines in rotation plus the mules that you are constantly looking for more power with.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
in the BG article about PS engines, I belive he said they are about 175K now days....omg..thats alot of change
Got a link for that article ?? Probably a very interesting read.

Thanks,
John

1 - 20 of 84 Posts