Yellow Bullet Forums banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Hi all, another update and few extra pictures for anyone keen.
The upper control arm mounts have been repaired and had a 3mm plate add to add more strength and the inner fenders are under way. Decided not to do the bead rolling like the above pictures, come to an agreement and decided it would look as if too much was going on once the bars and tanks are in. Too cluttered, I think it still should look good.

Control arm mounts repaired

Engine bay under construction.

Cheers for reading!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Finally got to pick the dart up last Thursday. The engine bay and roll cage come up so, so good. The difference in work quality between the two engine bays I have had made in the last 12 months aren't even close to the same level, really happy with it all.*

Here are a few comparison pics through the years.

How it looked when i bought it.

After engine plate.*

Old K-frame.

New K-Frame.

1st engine bay work.

New one.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Little bit of a Photo dump from the other week when i picked it up.

Was only home for 3 days then off to another shop.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Thanks for the replies!
I have a heap more photos of its time at this shop if people are interested.

·
Registered
12,636 Posts
Superb, I did my subframe connectors like yours in my RR.
I really like how you have put the radius in the steel for the bottom hoop mounting in the rear. love detail like that.
Inner wings look factory, very nice mate.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #52 (Edited)
Hello to anyone looking at this old thread, haven't touched my car in a long time but last few months have decided to get a bit more done. Noticed that that all the Photobucket links are broken that sucks a bit. just going to post a few pics to keep a bit of a record of the progress over the years.

What I do need help with is if anyone know a good powerglide dipstick to use that will fit without much messing around. Also if anyone knows a company that makes a blank gauge cluster so i can cut my own gauges into it.
Cheers for looking and reading (not sure how to make the pictures smaller sorry)

End of '16 engine was ready and picked it up.

Mid '17 bit of a mock up to see how it looks

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
End on '17 start of '18
Got into it a bit and sent it off to get painted and bought some parts that i was missing

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Jegs or summit have a good selection of lockable Powerglide dipsticks. I have & still use one on my glide, which is mated to my Hemi.
I have access from inside the car to the trans, so only needed a short version.
ATI also have a god selection

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Thanks for the reply. Have been looking on summit but most are to suit chevy obviously. I think I might go a lockable flexible one with fire wall mount. Just don't want to order one that will hit the passenger side head

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
I am very surprised you did not move the master cylinder over...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #60 (Edited)
Hi all,

Haven't posted in 20 odd months due to not touching the car in that time.

Finally got a lot of other stuff in order and have the bug again to start going hard at the car.

Will post a few pics from the last month's progress if they work.

Ran into a few dramas as always.
The dipstick I bought doesn't have any markings on it to say full or add and Charlie oil pans are being difficult and not letting my know the size of the oil pan.
Also the starter I bought doesn't fit, need to make a spacer to move it backwards as the pinon is in mesh with the flywheel already.

It's been fun working on again but bleeding money, it's good to see it starting to look like a car again.

Pictures have small descriptions of the progress. Going to try to post more often to help keep track of the progress.

440 dart https://imgur.com/a/rwPppug

41 - 60 of 60 Posts