Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Just gotta know Max, are you mad?!! :p
Hahah why do you say that?
I'm just trying to make things future proof so if after I get the car on the road again and want more power everything is ready for boost already.

Cheers for the positive words guys. Will post more pictures when I get some. Hopefully in the next few days

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Also have had a custom fuel cell made, got it done a while go but thought I should add it to the thread. It is about 150L (40 gallons) with internal baffles. Still have to order some filler caps to finish it off.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Ahh yeah thought that's what you were getting at hahah
Cheers mate getting really excited to get it driving again. Hopefully some time next year.

·
Registered
12,470 Posts
Just read the thread mate, nice job, I did my RR minitub exactly the same way....and my frame connectors......and the chassis rails LOL.
Real cars dont let smoke inside on a burnout.:p
I flew out to Indy C Head in '91 and bought the first pair of INDY440-1's in Europe.
Stock bore and stroke 440 went 10.08 in a 3300lb '64 Valiant.

·
Beer me!!
22,507 Posts
Ahh yeah thought that's what you were getting at hahah
Cheers mate getting really excited to get it driving again. Hopefully some time next year.
Sorry I had to mess with ya a little bit! :p You have one hell of a car my friend, can't wait to see some action video! Good luck man!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Haha yeah the cell is a little excessive. Been to a lot of car events were some cars have to cut there track time short to refuel. Can always quarter fill it for drag events. Also I don't think the car will have the best fuel economy hahah

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Hi everyone, happy new year. Been a long time since I have been on yellow bullet. Not a great deal of progress with my dart has happened since I posted last. Work has started on the roll cage this week, it looks to be coming up well. Have some pictures but they aren't the best quality.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Hey mate,
I have nearly lost count of how much I have spent. It's definitely a lot of money, 50k+ AUD easily. Hope that helps

·
Registered
520 Posts
Looks great! Where are the cans of VB beer? ;)

The burnout contests are certainly an Aussie thing. I can't believe people put soo much money into their motors to simply burn down the tires.... and not race!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Cheers guys,
Haha I am more of a Swan Draught or Emu Export man myself.
I used to really enjoy the Australian burnout scene but as you said you have to put so much money into the car to be competitive and really lean on the engine. Drag racing is definitely got my interest these days.

Few classic burnouts for Australia
Evil XA

Wona go

UCSMOKE

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Hi all, progress is still moving slowly but any progress is good progress. I have decided to get the engine bay cut out again and start again with it, it's definitely the low point of the car and just not happy with them. Lesson learnt, use someone trusted for work. Got a few pictures of how I want it to look.

Have a few more pictures of the cage, even worse quality because of the sunlight outside and bad camera. But it's definitely coming up really well. Bottom bar near the "B" pillar is the taxi bar, it's just not in place at the moment.

Also sold my old Ford Ute and upgrade to a newish Nissan Navara. Hopefully should tow a lot better and be a better around.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #40 (Edited)
The cutting out of the inner fenders has started. While they were doing it they fount that the drivers side upper control arm mount was lifting away from the chassis. Just another thing to repair but definitely a good pick up, could off been bad. Should hopefully be able to pick the car up when I am home from work at the end of the month. Keen.

21 - 40 of 60 Posts