Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had good results ...I'm building a 436 with 14.5.1 compression, afr 227cc heads cnc competition ported 2.10Int 1.60 EXH, 1220cfm carb from chuck nuytten, super victor intake, I'm gonna be spraying a single stage big shot plate... I was wondering what times you think i will get naturally aspirated? Cam is:
Solid roller
@.050 Int:278/ Exh. 292
Gross Valve lift:Int:652/Exh.667
Intake center Line:112.0
Lobe separation:112.0
1.5 jesel rockers on Int. and Exh.
Have a nitrous converter 4000 stall PTC
Powerglide trans with 1.74 ratio

My goal is to run on a ONE STAGE BIG SHOT PLATE Times I'm looking to to run is 5.40s

yOU think I might need a better cam or is it fine for what i have..
also the heads?

The other cam I want to try is:
Howards Cams:.
[email protected] INT.282/EXH.296 ...GROSS VALVE LIFT INT.728/ EXH.712 LOBE CENTER @114 with 1.5 rockers

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:confused:And why do i hear its better going to a short stroke 3.750 or 3.875 like a 406 or 421 instead of a 434 4inch stroke when spraying nitrous

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
the compression height of pistons can be a concern with 4" strokes. as far as your combo goes, it's more setup towards nitrous so it's not going to run as hard n/a. i would guess mid 10's, high 6's in the eighth. if it were me i would have a larger head than the 227's for sure and feel it would like a bigger intake rocker as well (1.6 or 1.7)

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
Put as much head as you can get on it. My little 415's heads started out as 235 cc before they even went to get worked on. 5.40's should be easily attainable. There are guys doing that here at 3200 lbs on a 275 with an .082 pill restriction in good weather.

Personally I'd like to see a bigger cam in it. I think the Howards is a better choice. I ran one just like that in mine part of last year and it worked well. I just needed a little more. I am at 14.5 to 1 also. As far as what it will run N/A, if it's a dedicated nitrous motor with a dedicated nitrous converter. Don't expect a lot, a lot of the 5.4xx-5.5xx small blocks like that barely even make it into the 6's N/A.

·
Registered
7,489 Posts
what does the combo weigh ? my buddy has a 436 and he weighs 3100ish and its just up and running he has been a best of 9.67 at 138ish on pumpgas with alot less compression and cam , this is a N/A motor combo that is pretty fine tuned

·
Registered
492 Posts
I agree with smallblockcamaro ,I have a simular combo with the changes he is talking about N/A it runs [email protected] 140 mph. Leaves like a dog N/A tight converter, 3.89 gears, 114 lobe separation. The MPH tells me that the 3220 lbs car is making good HP.I used the biggest head with the biggest valve I could afford with good exhaust side as well.The more air / nos you can get in the engine the more power you can make! With all of that being said your nos tune will be the most important due to your comp. height on your pistons and the comp. ratio you are running. Have your system flowed if you plan on using more than 250 hp tune usuing a single stage setup.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts