Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im in the process of building a 427 windsor. It has a dart 9.5 deck iron eagle block. Trick flow high port heads that I got from Fox lake with thier stage 3 porting and thier pro exhaust.Pro systems 4150 carb, super victor intake ported to match heads.Have a lunati pro series 4"crank and 6.2 oliver rods. Im waiting to buy pistons. Block has roller cam bearings and lifters are bushed. I want to make it 14-15:1 comp with a custom built cam. It is going in a 275 drag radial 90 mustang trunk back.Stock suspion with a glide. Car should be around 3000 with me in it. What kind of power should I expect out of this combo? Et and mph guess? It has been a long project and i am getting ancy..Thanks..

·
Registered
508 Posts
With enough durtaion and lift from the camshaft..... Theres no reason you can't make 750HP.

Et if the car is hooking, should run 9.50s @ around 140-143ish mph.

I love the high port heads!!! Done a few sets for variouse applications. finishing up a set right now that i feel on a maxeffort motor should be capable of over 800HP on a 400+ inch motor.

Mike Theroux
www.mikesportingservice.com

·
Super Moderator
34,718 Posts
x2 on the high ports.....I think a lot of folks don't realize just how good those heads are for making power.

At 3000 pounds, I think you will run faster than 9.50's.... or should with the right camshaft, converter and gearing.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input. Any of you have any luck with the foxlake stuff? We are going to pull the heads apart and im going to go all titanium valves and dont know if i should sink more into the porting?

·
Registered
10,229 Posts
Thanks for the input. Any of you have any luck with the foxlake stuff? We are going to pull the heads apart and im going to go all titanium valves and dont know if i should sink more into the porting?
TEA has a 255cc highport with 2.125" valve flowing at or near 390cfm and right at 300cfm on exh. that would help on the big 427" engine.

·
X275 O.G.
2,353 Posts
i ran stage 3 fox lakes. i agree with the rest the highport is a killer standard valve head. with all the hype and new designs highports still hold there own

·
Registered
658 Posts
Ron Robart @Foxlake rocks, there are few men if any who know more about high ports than Ron, Awesome to deal with, I highly recommend Foxlake!!

·
Registered
839 Posts
TEA has a 255cc highport with 2.125" valve flowing at or near 390cfm and right at 300cfm on exh. that would help on the big 427" engine.
Has anyone actually bought a set of these? That number seems way too high. I know Kuntz/M2 had a set that were about 370. They used adpater plates on the exhaust. But 390?????

·
X275 O.G.
2,353 Posts
Has anyone actually bought a set of these? That number seems way too high. I know Kuntz/M2 had a set that were about 370. They used adpater plates on the exhaust. But 390?????

390!!! that more then my canted valve flows. i can't imgane much meat left after a port job like that. i never seen a standard degree stay alive at my level. my high ports flowed [email protected] 700 and my C3's flow 380 @ 800 i need highports again :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
34,718 Posts
Lets keep it constructive, and not criticize any one particular shop... the claim can be made about cfm or capability without mentioning direct names. If I leave that up, it'll just turn into a war of words when his folks come to defend.

Not saying this to piss anyone off, but just help me keep that from occuring.

Thanks in advance!!

·
Tony McKellar
4,812 Posts
x2 on the high ports.....I think a lot of folks don't realize just how good those heads are for making power.

At 3000 pounds, I think you will run faster than 9.50's.... or should with the right camshaft, converter and gearing.
+1,I went 9:40's with significantly less than 750 hp,for inline valves...the highport is STILL one of the best out there.

·
Tony McKellar
4,812 Posts
Ron Robart @Foxlake rocks, there are few men if any who know more about high ports than Ron, Awesome to deal with, I highly recommend Foxlake!!
I highly recommend them as well,they did mine and they perform flawlessly. TEA also know they are doing.Jeff Tyson on here had a set of TW's that they ported that had some ungodly flow numbers,he went LOW 5's on a regular basis with them.

·
Registered
40 Posts
i have a buddy that has a 427ci sbf with victor jr. head in a 2800 pound mustang on stock suspension going 8.70 on motor. the heads flow like 335cfm

1 - 20 of 52 Posts