Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 219 Posts

·
Badrooster
19,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's everyone's favorite engine. If you say it's not....you're a lyin' muther.

Chime in, Hemi Boyz.

Scott

·
Boosted Fredneck
2,412 Posts
There is a certain sort of nostalgic thing about those motors. As a kid in the '60s I read about the Hemis ruling stock car racing & ruling the streets. I realized later on that the SOCH Ford was maybe a bit more bad ass & def looked the part just like a Hemi.

·
Badrooster
19,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I figured that the Ford would be mentioned. Bad-ass, also. No where near the Mopars popularity, tho.

Scott

·
Boosted Fredneck
2,412 Posts
I figured that the Ford would be mentioned. Bad-ass, also. No where near the Mopars popularity, tho.

Scott
One thing that has always impressed me about the Hemis is that NASCAR in their search for parity even way back then attempted to level the playing field between the Hemis & the Cammers by restricting the Chryslers motors to a single 4 barrell carb while allowing the Fords to run a dual quad set up.

·
Age of Acquiescence
31,464 Posts
If you were born in the 50's and 60's ......of course it was.

But I was born a few decades later, and it WAS the most desired engine until the modern era of muscle cars being reborn.

My favorite engine is the LS7 personally. It would destroy a 426 Hemi.
It's close to 600hp GROSS ......but it's rated as SAE Net 505hp in the engine bay with all accessories.

·
Badrooster
19,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

But I was born a few decades later, and it WAS the most desired engine until the modern era of muscle cars being reborn.

It's close to 600hp GROSS ......but it's rated as SAE Net 505hp in the engine bay with all accessories.

Ugly bastard.

Scott

·
Registered
155 Posts

Chime in, Hemi Boyz.

Scott
Back when they were in production they were what everyone compaired their motor too. Not bad for a motor that went from concept to running and winning it's first race, the first time it was raced in less than a year. 50 years later it's still one bad ass motor and the only motor I like better now is a poked and stroked version. I run a 605 pump gas Hemi in my old truck, a pretty mild motor, [email protected] and [email protected]

·
Badrooster
19,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Back when they were in production they were what everyone compaired their motor too. Not bad for a motor that went from concept to running and winning it's first race, the first time it was raced in less than a year. 50 years later it's still one bad ass motor and the only motor I like better now is a poked and stroked version. I run a 605 pump gas Hemi in my old truck, a pretty mild motor, [email protected] and [email protected]
Mild.

Scott

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
I like anything with a fat valve cover. That includes Chevy Arias stuff as well as 32v anything really. All the rest of the 2v stuff is boring........chevy, ford, or dodge.

·
Registered
5,010 Posts
Been around since early 60's and still the bases of top fuel type cars.To this day the heads are light yrs before there time.I myself have 2 real 426 hemis in the family,but still like the 340base more.JMO

·
Aviation Section
25,561 Posts

We put a crate LS7 in this car and did a lot of other work to it, owner was driving so that is why it left lazy and had all that time between shifts but it still had 118MPH, would not go through in third without banging the limiter and motor was stock. It would be a lot faster if we left the owner at home and drove it like we stole it! Other videos from other angles of this night if you look around. Dave

http://www.jdmtube.com/video/777/LS7...ss-PBIR-Moroso

1 - 20 of 219 Posts