Yellow Bullet Forums banner

181 - 195 of 195 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
I finally decided that couldn't just let it rot in my garage so I conned the local autocross group into letting me run it. This was the first time I drove it more than 50 ft....

·
Registered
399 Posts
By pass 3 we stated to pick up the pace. Life was pretty awesome and it looked like we would be able to out run all of the corvettes by the end of the day but Mopar with their shit machine work up an F-ing on us. On our 4th pass the oil pressure started fluctuating so we called it a day to see what was happening. We went back to the shop to trouble shout the problem and found the crank thrust went from under .008 to .038 in 4 runs..... You can't make omelets without breaking some eggs and this is the cheapest egg to break...

·
Registered
521 Posts
That last run looked a lot better! Bummer to hear about the motor; however you made the right decision to not run it anymore with wonky oil pressure.

Is the car back together now? Spring is right around the corner....

·
Registered
222 Posts
The hemi now has the larger "late" 440 thrust bearing

and a bigger cam
and more compression
and longer stroke
and aluminum heads

should be on the dyno in June... looking for "600ish" hp.

Important lesson: leave hemi shit to people how have lots of money...

·
Registered
564 Posts
The hemi now has the larger "late" 440 thrust bearing

and a bigger cam
and more compression
and longer stroke
and aluminum heads

should be on the dyno in June... looking for "600ish" hp.

Important lesson: leave hemi shit to people how have lots of money...
Word!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
399 Posts
It’s been awhile since I posted on my build, I have been impatiently waiting for my engine to be done by Christmas. The pictures I received today don’t look very promising :(

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Dang that's frustrating especially if you had time off from work where you could have dedicated some real time to it. Looks purty so far though.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Just heard back from the engine shop. My engine dynoed at 698hp, not bad for only 472ci. I will post up the dyno sheet when I pick up my engine.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I think it put down some respectable numbers for a 472ci street hemi on California legal gas... As you can see there is more in it if I decide I wantEd to turn it harder.

181 - 195 of 195 Posts