Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm wanting to build a 572 Hemi, but the options from what I can see are pretty much find a used block or buy new from Indy who are total cunts unless you get one through a dealer

Is there anywhere else I can find one?

Looking for a water block for street/strip use, up to about 2000-2500hp (will be running boost)

Yes I could do this with a BBC but I'm kinda just wanting a Hemi to scratch a rather expensive itch.....

·
Registered
172 Posts
Ma Mopar discontinued its Gen 2 block program per my parts person...as I have had 2 of them on order for the last 2+ years. An aftermarket aluminum block is available. Just a matter of how much you want to spend. Get your check book out and call For Hemis Only and he will build you what ever you can afford. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw that, I think their blocks were 4 figure rated too but not sure how deep into 4 figures.

I've seen KB and Bulldog as well as some of the MoPar ones for sale on various sites but I'm wary about buying them given I cant find out much about the sellers

The most cost effective thing would be to put Arias heads on my Dart Big M block....

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The most cost effective thing would be to put Arias heads on my Dart Big M block....
Well it would have been :confused: but it looks like I'm a few years too late, cant find the website now.....last time I looked was probably back in 2015 and he died in 17

Back to the drawing board!

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Do some research. Keith Black from one of their dealers. KB has new owners and ken black is completely out thankfully. Their new blocks are really nice but pricey.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do some research. Keith Black from one of their dealers. KB has new owners and ken black is completely out thankfully. Their new blocks are really nice but pricey.
Yeah I spotted the Ken Black stuff and they were taking money but no blocks were appearing, did see Mo Parts were selling them but wasn't sure if that was still pre orders

Couldn't find them on Ray Barton's site either and he seemed like he was involved heavily in the redevelopment

Will give Mo Parts a call on monday in that case

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Talk to Todd Marsh at Marsh Performance. Good guy.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Arias > Fontana > Miner Brothers. Keep looking. Remember the KB blocks were called water blocks but were run dry with iron sleeves. Never heard anything good about the actual wet blocks they made.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
They are selling the new oh block now. They(new owner took care 9f all the people that got fucked over
The new blocks are very nice indeed

·
Registered
18,281 Posts
..Remember the KB blocks were called water blocks but were run dry with iron sleeves. Never heard anything good about the actual wet blocks they made.
Had a couple KB water blocks years ago. The water blocks stayed sealed up & worked fine IF the O-Rings were in good pliable condition and in place. I always replaced them with a new O-Ring (coated w/ vaseline) each time a sleeve came out. Appears some guys who owned them, didn't even know they had O-Rings around the sleeves to keep the coolant sealed up.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They are selling the new oh block now. They(new owner took care 9f all the people that got fucked over
The new blocks are very nice indeed
I'll have to see if I can get my grubby paws on one then! I saw they're about 7.5k which is costly......but worth it for the look

·
Registered
715 Posts
Noonan makes a wet aluminium block, good for 3000+ hp
Have you seen the Drag Week '57 Chevy wagon 'the shit box of doom' ?

·
Registered
694 Posts
At one time world made hemi blocks you might check that.Also try CFE they have a new BB mopar block and may also offer it in a hemi.

·
Registered
41,422 Posts
I've owned a few Hemis so I'll give you my perspective. Just flush what money you have at this point down the drain and call it a day. You'll save a bundle in the long run!

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
I'll have to see if I can get my grubby paws on one then! I saw they're about 7.5k which is costly......but worth it for the look
There is one on moparts.com right now for sale with machine work done for 8.200?? 4.500 bore. In the hemi section (motors for sale)

1 - 20 of 57 Posts