Yellow Bullet Forums banner

41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
23,802 Posts
Not necessarily more spring pressure on a solid vs hyd roller, if they are similar weight and rpm is the same then no. Most people change hyd rollers in gen 1 SBCs because they won't rpm with the valve weights common in those engines. The LS stuff generally has intake valve weights around 100g +/- 10g so rpm is not a problem. The limit on hyd roller lifters on turbo engines is they will start collapsing the lifter and generally a done deal at 1300 - 1500hp max depending on who's lifter etc. The steel on steel is getting popular with the drag week guys and I put them in a Drag Week engine I built last winter for a guy in TX. Pretty light valve/spring package, cam over .850" lift and plan on turning it 9000rpm. It has hollow stem Ferrea valves, PAC springs/retainers/locks. I had to make some one off spring seats to get the little springs shimmed up to correct height. The springs are tiny but have over 800lbs open pressure. Heads are new Brodix Head Hunter F-Series 15* that are an updated version of the old 15* Edelbrock Victor heads they discontinued several years ago. They flow over 400cfm using the standard Brodix CNC program. There is a lot left in them.
Good stuff , but Im just a simple man .....lol

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Just broke a link bar lifter and it ate my cam . WTF

Not sure if I will run the same specs or not . errrrrrrr !

Gonna have to buy another set of lifters also , so not sure where to go from here .
WTF x 2^2

Sorry to hear.

I ended up going with a 234/234 114+4 on a 110 ICL with .621 lift.

Somewhat of a compromise between more cam and still streetable. Also swapped the heads from 317's to 706's which will put the compression into 9.6 range. We'll see and I appreciate the responses.

41 - 42 of 42 Posts