Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Smoked another CTD
3,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to build a turbo LS engine. But my buddies are having none of that.

I am kind of burnt out the whole diesel thing. I was told I can have complete low mile 05 Vortec 4200 if I was to build it instead of a cookie cutter LS.

I can not seem to find much info on cams for them. Anybody have line on billet cores? Billet rods?

I have this thought that one of these 4200 inlines and the GT4788 I have might just be a interesting combo you don't see everyday.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Im in, let me know if i can help!

BTW dont get too burt on the diesel thing, cause your da bestest tuner in da state of PA....:rolleyes:

Really though you are the EFI man! :p

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Inline 6 is the trailblazer engine. The Hummers and small trucks got the 5 cyl and 4 cyl engines. I have the 5 in myhummer, putting a turbo 6 in my Camaro, and have the 2.9 4 cyl going into my DUNE BUGGY. Whole Vortec Atlas family in my garage.. :) I should have just put all 5 cylinders in and it would have made life easier...

Trailvoy.com had a deal to get cams made and it never panned out. Comp has 9 grinds for them but you need cores made.

Crower, can you make us inline 6 cams?

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
hmm .. idk i need to see a set. can you send some to me ? probably can do a billet set if needed ... send to: CP - attn:dan
42387 avenida alvarado # 112 , 92560

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
Look into the Comp Inline 6 cylinder guys.... I believe that's J or K. There are a few guys that run those motors there... it's a HELL of a motor and is just asking for a turbo!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts