Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any ideas? Just won't power on. Not even sure where to start troubleshooting a tv. Tried different outlet and a new power cord.

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
Yer race car might have snuck it , in the cover of night, disabled the said "TV", so youd get of yer ass and spend more quality time with her, vs looking at a box? Eh, just a theory.....

·
RAKER
3,365 Posts
When mind did that I had to replace a capacitor on the board. The capacitor was smaller than what should of been used, so it blew causing the TV not to turn on. After I replaced it there were no issues.

·
coffee extraordinaire
11,218 Posts
have you tried to just leave it unplugged for a few hours?

·
Registered
465 Posts
MIght have a bad power supply. Had a Heier blow one. Replaced it and problem solved.

Googled LG TV power supply and there are quite a few hits. Take a look.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When mind did that I had to replace a capacitor on the board. The capacitor was smaller than what should of been used, so it blew causing the TV not to turn on. After I replaced it there were no issues.
How did you figure out it was the capacitor?

·
I feared for my life!!!
14,663 Posts
Typical LG POS...

·
YB Managing Editor
51,424 Posts
Unplug it for 24hrs and let the capacitors on the power board discharge. That will make the tv reboot. If that doesn't work then the capacitors will probably have to be replaced.

Either that or you can buy a new board on ebay for about a 125 bucks..

·
Registered
311 Posts
power supply or power supply fuse
X2 or its got a bad capacitor or 2 in the power supply. This is a common problem with nearly every plasma and LCD tv on the market.... All because the
manufacturers let the penny pinching bean counters win, instead of thinking about customer satisfaction.

·
Registered
646 Posts
How did you figure out it was the capacitor?
Same thing happened to me with my old LG LCD 42"

I went online searching for problems and found out about the capacitor. I went to a local electronics store and bought the better ones and replaced them all for like $8. Other than that the TV has been great for the last 5 1/2 years.

Fucking TV repair places will try to stick you for hundreds to "diagnose" and fix shit like that.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Compacitor more than likely. If you take the back off off it you will see the comp.'s the tops will be rounded not flat. I had to change two of mine cost me about $4. Check YouTube lots of info there

·
Just Sayin Crew V.P.
37,825 Posts
This has been a major problem with the lg tv's. I had the same problem myself. It was still under warrantee on my end

1 - 16 of 16 Posts