Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
16,745 Posts
I think it depends on the application. That Ron's piece will flow a lot, but for a street car, I don't think I would like it. Just a little movement of your foot will be a huge change in airflow. That is why I like the staged 4 blade throttle bodies for a street car. They are also the only thing I use on both of my race cars.

·
Throttle's Performance
1,867 Posts
I think it depends on the application. That Ron's piece will flow a lot, but for a street car, I don't think I would like it. Just a little movement of your foot will be a huge change in airflow. That is why I like the staged 4 blade throttle bodies for a street car. They are also the only thing I use on both of my race cars.

There are plenty of engines LS, Modular, etc. running around with 105mm monoblade throttle bodies (same as the Ron's above) it's just the Ron's bolts on a 4150 manifold. You do have to fabricate some sort of TPS set-up though.

Here is a 105mm for a Mustang...........

https://www.accufabracing.com/throttle-body/product/125-mustang-5-0l-1986-1993-105mm-throttle-body

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think i want to stay with a multi blade setup. We do drive the car a little on the street but most drag race it

·
Registered
841 Posts
There are plenty of engines LS, Modular, etc. running around with 105mm monoblade throttle bodies (same as the Ron's above) it's just the Ron's bolts on a 4150 manifold. You do have to fabricate some sort of TPS set-up though.

Here is a 105mm for a Mustang...........

https://www.accufabracing.com/throttle-body/product/125-mustang-5-0l-1986-1993-105mm-throttle-body
How about a cable cam that has a decreasing radius so it actuates in more of a progressive manner?

Or a progressive linkage for the throttle pedal. Like a two arm system found on multi-blade TB's?

Cole

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
16,745 Posts
How about a cable cam that has a decreasing radius so it actuates in more of a progressive manner?

Or a progressive linkage for the throttle pedal. Like a two arm system found on multi-blade TB's?

Cole
Something like that would help. I had a 4 blade TB on my engine years ago, not staged, they all opened at the same time. Well, with an engine that can make power, even doing a high gear only burnout was a pain in the ass. Way too much airflow with very little control. I was able to get the proper linkage to make the secondaries progressive, and that cured the problem.

A street car in the rain with a large single blade could be a handfull.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts