Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone offer a 4150 TB that is drive by wire? I have a 2011 camaro ss with a lsx 427 and a 4150 style intake running a NW 102mm TB with a 90 into the intake. I would like to change this out to a vertical setup. Hence the question about a 4150 TB, but it needs to be drive by wire.

I did find adapter plates to mount my nick Williams 102 vertical, but I am wondering if there are other options out there.

Thank you,

Paul

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I've seen someone take the motor off of a normal DBW throttle body and rig up linkage to open a 4150. Just depends how creative you want to get with it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much! I did see a few posts like that. I was hoping there was a commercial solution available other than an adapter to use my existing NW 102 in the vertical.

Thanks again!

·
AMP Racing member
3,492 Posts
Where did you see an adapter plate for mounting a standard TB vertically?

·
Registered
692 Posts
I did it with an LS2 mounted vertically on a victor jr. Drivability was just fine.

·
Registered
692 Posts
It was only on there temporarily. I either put nothing on it or perhaps a 4" to 3.5" silicone elbow with short pipe and cone filter.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Fast was on the car for a long time. Proflo was on for a day or two leading up to my test, and victor jr with DBW was on for a week or so after the test until I stuck the stock pedal back in the car and the 4150 TB in the first picture.

·
AMP Racing member
3,492 Posts
I am having that exact setup built! I will let you know how it comes out in 2-3 wks.
That's cool. Post up when you get it finished.

I'm having an adapter machined to mount my LS7 TB vertically onto my carb style intake, but I think I'd rather use the 4150 sitting on my shelf with this setup you've got going on here.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts