Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 4150 holley, i was wondering how some of you guys mount your wide open throttle switches. Would i be better off bending my own bracket or are those billet ones worth the extra money? Just trying go get an idea here. Some pictures would also be nice.

Thanks, dave.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I have a real nice billet bracket with switch for 4150. Went with a 4500 dont need it.. Shoot me a text if your interested. 1~512~508~4302

·
1,344 Posts
Made a bracket out of aluminum that screws right to the side of the body of the carb. The bottom pic is one you can buy. Stays sturdy that way.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Made a bracket out of aluminum that screws right to the side of the body of the carb. The bottom pic is one you can buy. Stays sturdy that way.

Im guessing the screw with the spring on it is the one that hits the switch. I just checked my carb doesnt have that. Can i still use the micro switch on that side or no?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Piece of 3/4" aluminum angle mounted to carb stud works well too. (and simple to make)

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Do your self a favor and mount it inside the car on the pedal(for the pedal triggers the switch)!!!! Less stuff to deal with when working on the car and we have some cars with the same switch for over 10 years... If you still want to mount it to the carb, make sure the bracket is stronge and not flexing.. Good luck..

·
The nitrous guy
7,189 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^9 out of 10 times, an on/off nitrous condition, has to do with the switch. People replace switch after switch, when the problem is usually sloppy carb linkage, stretching throttle cables, bending brackets, or flexing stock firewalls. Put the switch on the pedal and forget it.

Monte

·
Registered
11,383 Posts
I'm not a fan of those carb micro switches at all. One way or another they all seem to fail either actuators bending, breaking, brackets flexing, contacts flakey, etc., etc.

A lot of tenured racers advised me to switch to one of these Omron switches and mount it so the throttle linkage actuates it. I didn't listen and kept on having issues off and on. Finally caved in and bought the Omron switch from Bickel and never had an issue since and don't even think about it anymore. You can buy them direct from Omron or through Grainger also.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the info guys. I didnt even think about mounting it on the pedal. All though i dont think my linkage would flex and whatnot, the pedal mount is welded to the cage, then i have solid titanium carb linkage (no cable) and the actual linkage on the carb is pretty good, doesnt flex or anything.

Now say i would mount it to pedal, do i literally mount it to the pedal? Or would i be better off mounting it on the fire wall so wen the pedal is wide open it touches the switch, or doesnt it matter?

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Thanks for the info guys. I didnt even think about mounting it on the pedal. All though i dont think my linkage would flex and whatnot, the pedal mount is welded to the cage, then i have solid titanium carb linkage (no cable) and the actual linkage on the carb is pretty good, doesnt flex or anything.

Now say i would mount it to pedal, do i literally mount it to the pedal? Or would i be better off mounting it on the fire wall so wen the pedal is wide open it touches the switch, or doesnt it matter?

Mount the switch where the arm of the pedal touches the switch...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts