Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While im waiting on a TPS sensor from Accufab i need to get my TB cable/bracket/return spring setup right.

just wanting to hear everyones reccomendations as to what worked best for them (part numbers too if possible)

anyone keep their stock cable and modify it to fit any particular bracket? i have the stock cable fitted now. cut/fitted with mr gasket ends. but it doesnt seem itll work out right. just as well i also need to fit return springs. i was thinking this jegs bracket http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS-Performance-Products/555/15150/10002/-1

if i do that i have to use a different factory cable. i've heard the cable from a 93 s-10 will work and need to be modified. but i wasnt able to find the cable on advance or autozones website to see the ends.

thanks for any help in advance.

·
AMP Racing member
3,476 Posts
Hey, completely off subject, but could you measure from the valley cover to the top of the TB? I'd like to know that measurement.

Good luck with your project.

·
Registered
156 Posts
There are a few recent threads on LS1tech that list out all the parts and part numbers for switching over to the Super Vic/4150 TB. Most use the Lokar cable. I see you kept your wipers.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There are a few recent threads on LS1tech that list out all the parts and part numbers for switching over to the Super Vic/4150 TB. Most use the Lokar cable. I see you kept your wipers.

i've been through them, looking like thats the way i need to go. was trying to avoid it because everything isnt in the budget. guess ill have to eat ramen noodles for a while. cable and bracket are gonna be ordered. ready to get this car back on the road. its been 3 years. Yea i kept the wipers should i encounter a drizzle once in a while.

·
AMP Racing member
3,476 Posts
thanks

·
Registered
156 Posts
i've been through them, looking like thats the way i need to go. was trying to avoid it because everything isnt in the budget. guess ill have to eat ramen noodles for a while. cable and bracket are gonna be ordered. ready to get this car back on the road. its been 3 years. Yea i kept the wipers should i encounter a drizzle once in a while.

I was pretty sure I was going to go with this intake/TB setup, but after adding in all the small things that are needed, I'm going to have to wait a while longer.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
its not a LOT when you finally get to doing it. but it can be a pain in the ass to get it all together and set up. just as long as you can afford to have the car down for a while during the process

·
Registered
156 Posts
That is a Super Vic, correct?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks i just ended up ordering these from jegs
555-15152
625-TC-1000HT36

hope thats all ill need. and just waiting on the tps

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got my parts today...damn that was quick.... did i order the wrong throttle cable bracket? The piece for the return springs doesnt look like itll work with the throttle arm.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sorry for the double post. Got my parts today...damn that was quick.... did i order the wrong throttle cable bracket? The piece for the return springs doesnt look like itll work with the throttle arm.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
alright now i got the throttle arm worked out with the return springs. i dont know what to do as far as the pedal end (getting it to mount on the pedal). or mounting it to the firewall. it seems the hole in the wall is bigger than the nuts on the cable to tighten it on.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts