Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a fast XFI 2.0 system on my motor . I have a Wilson 2 stage plate on it with a fast 4150 throttle body . Anyone running a wet plate system like this with efi ? . Would it be best to have it converted to a dry plate ? This is on a SBF with Yates style heads .Thanks for any help or info.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
I'm running a 4150 double crossbar plate as a single stage on an EFI smallblock. I was nipping plugs and popping head gaskets till I had Steve flow and map it, now it's dead on and the car has been its fastest pass since.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks . I sent him a message a few weeks ago about doing the Wilson plate for me . Just trying to get some input on it before I decide to do it . Is yours a wet plate ?

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Yep, wet plate.

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,602 Posts
If you have an EFI system with the ability to run a dry nitrous kit, then do it. Unless you are running pump gas as the main fuel and race gas as the nitrous fuel...........

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,602 Posts
Race only, run Sunoco Red, or a nitrous fuel, but not C16, and set the plate up to run it dry. Put a solenoid on each bar and you will have a true 2-stage plate, or run both bars off the same solenoid and you'll just have one big kit. I would prefer the two stage option.

·
Registered
329 Posts
What is the reason for not running c16, and what are the benefits for having to rely on injectors to fuel the motor and kit/s? Is it just as easy to adjust fuel to richen or lean out?

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,602 Posts
C16 is not a nitrous (or NA) fuel. It is designed for blower/turbo high inlet temp applications. It will work, but Sunoco Red would be better, or one of the N2O-fuels. I ran Sunoco Red (Maximal) with a 14:1 SBC and a 300hp shot, never had a problem.

By using the EFI to add fuel, it is much easier to tune. Otherwise you either need a lower pressure pump and another whole set of fuel lines and regulator, or try to tune it with the EFI pressure, neither is worth doing IMO. Use the EFI to add the fuel and pull the timing, very simple to do.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I ran C16 in it because that is about the only thing around here that could find locally . Don't know if I have enough injector to go dry or not . I have 83lb injectors in it . . I had a carb on it and made a little over 800 on the motor. Now I have a Fast Xfi on it with a fast 4150 throttle body .

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,602 Posts
I ran C16 in it because that is about the only thing around here that could find locally . Don't know if I have enough injector to go dry or not . I have 83lb injectors in it . . I had a carb on it and made a little over 800 on the motor. Now I have a Fast Xfi on it with a fast 4150 throttle body .
I run 60lb/hr injectors on mine, made about 650ish on motor, a little over 1000hp with the bottle on, still had more room to go.

What is your duty cycle now? How much more power do you plan on making on the bottle?

That 4150 is going to cost you some power.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have not even started it with the Fast system . Trying to figure out the good and bad options on what way to go . Want to make 1,100 to 1,200 on the gas . The motor made a little over 800 with a 4150 carb what not a 4150 T/B ?

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,602 Posts
I have not even started it with the Fast system . Trying to figure out the good and bad options on what way to go . Want to make 1,100 to 1,200 on the gas . The motor made a little over 800 with a 4150 carb what not a 4150 T/B ?
I have never been able to over-feed an EFI engine with air. Only so much air you can flow through a 4150 TB. If you already have it, and the manifold, then use it.

If you are looking to make 1200hp total, then your 83lb/hr injectors should be fine.

What may not be fine is doing that with a spray bar at that level. I would much prefer a DP system.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts