Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I am looking to build a street engine that runs on pump gas and is 408 cleveand based. Say an older set of SVO heads and intake and 10 to 11 to one compression, which ever would be best for pump gas. How much power and tourqe could one look for from the above spects ? thanks paul, also would hydro roller be best suited ?

·
Idiot Savant
167,167 Posts
If you keep is mile 575 or so is a safe guess, if you give it some cam....more.

TFS has new heads and big bore pistons for this, if you're interested.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would a hydro roller be the ticket ? I got burnt before with a way to heavy solid roller and am taking it out and looking to use for street once in a while track. With a street cam, whats the limiting factors for power and torque with a head and intake that flow 360cfm and a 11 to one CR. ?

·
Idiot Savant
167,167 Posts
It depends on what you want to do. Intake flow of 360 is good for what, 850 HP?

Tell you what you need to do. Define specifically how you want it to act. Then decide how much HP you need to do that...then build that motor.

·
Registered
481 Posts
A 408C with a set of decent heads will easily make 500 HP even with a mild hyd cam. 360 cfm has the potential to put you in the 700+ range. How much grunt do you want and what sort of heads do you have?.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Heads are B351 with the roush intake, and custom Kooks headers and X pipe. I dont know if these pieces are able to make a streetable motor, no power brakes but air maby, my biggest concern is can a fairly good air flowing engine be cammed down for low rpm manners and not be over heating unpredictabily in traffic. We have a 4.30 rear and a G force six speed.

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
Would a hydro roller be the ticket ? I got burnt before with a way to heavy solid roller and am taking it out and looking to use for street once in a while track. With a street cam, whats the limiting factors for power and torque with a head and intake that flow 360cfm and a 11 to one CR. ?
way to heavy solid roller..you sir are misinformed

·
Registered
68 Posts
One of my favorite street motor combos is the 393 or 408 Cleveland, we use the 4v heads with a good valve job and no porting + a custom Crane hydraulic roller and it will do almost 400 to the tires through stock exhaust manifolds for the strict restoration guys who want it to look stock, ~450 with headers. That's a simple no frills build and you can easily go bigger.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes I agree I am misinformed or so I thought. The solid roller that was in there is as followes, duration at.050 I 250 E 256. lobe seperation 109. intake centerline 105. rocker 1.75, 1.75. valve lift I .728 E .740. It made 640HP at 6800. Tourqe was 575 at 4800.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts