Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
trying to figure out the next step because changed route on the direction of car. got a 255/255 575 lift street roller with camael hump heads. bought some dart 230's that are 49cc to raise the compression on the flat top motor. bought a 282/288 roller that is 726 lift to go with the heads that I think is too big now. Do you think I can put a thick head gasket to drop the compression so that I can drive on the street some and run pump gas. have a super street fighter converter with 4.10 gears and the car weighs 3700lbs. Will the big cam bleed of cylinder pressure? will the 230's be too big. the heads are new and I have a new dart intake so I will loose big time getting rid of them

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
At 3700 lbs your going to need some bottom end to get that beast moving, the street roller with some 1.6 rockers and with the thicker head gaskets you will be in a better place. If you decide to race it use some spray to work with the converter and the big cylinder head.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats what I figured keep the small cam in since so heavy and I don't know how the heads are going to act. Will I have to change push pods if I go with a real thick gasket

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
the heads will be fine for the street but the cam I can't say cause there isn't enough info there . But it does sound too big so far .Forget pump gas your comp with that small of a combustion chamber is gonna be high and sell that converter it's toooooo small .Oh and while I'm pickin on your car I think you should run a 4.56 gear . Hope that help jus don't want you to put a dud together

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
You're not going to be happy with that big cam in a street-driven car. I can see a future of dirty spark plugs and in general a lot more tuning maintainence once you swap over to the big duration stick.

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
How much street driving is it going to see? The converter if it's the one I am thinking of is a 10 inch 3500? That converter is going to be very happy on the street and if it is the one with the anti balloning plate it'll work well if he sprays it.

3700 lbs
408 inches
4.10 gear
What trans? Hopefully a T350 or 400
How tall a tire? 26, 28, 30 inches?

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
t350 28 inch tires. going to keep the smaller cam. reallly just worried about those heads and the compression. how thick of a had gasket would you think it will take

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
Standard head gasket 1003 is .041 and .039 compressed I think; so something thicker than that would get you in the right direction. How far in the bore is the piston? This will also effect your final compression figures.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts