Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Forgive me for being a newbie on nitrous. I'm 55 and been NA all my life... but never sprayed.. and really would like a little advice..

Ok in May I installed my home built forged 406 in my c3. A week later sheared all the bolts off the ring gear in rear.

I had a buddy with a 390 he had 3 passes on I pulled it apart anyway.. the carrier was junk and found the axel stubs werent heavy duty.. so went to my buddys house Mike Dyer and we built it up with solid clutches new Eaton posi carrier. No springs. Tight AF. Heavy duty BBC half shafts, HD axel stubs. Spicer solids. Also have all new bushings everywhere..

The car hooks great and runs like a champ.

What Nitrous set up would be a good start?
I've never sprayed ANY motor before.
I'm thinking a wet kit 75/200 2 stage with a fuel cell for c10 and retard controller. Or just pull it to 31?

Specs
817 2 bolt block 10.98/1 9/1 DC 212lbs cranking compression.

Forged Weisco flat tops
Comp 1.6 Roller Rockers Pac springs
Forged Scat 6" rods
Scat 9000 series cast steel crank
.010 in hole .027 Cometic copper sprayed MLS
220 flotek heads 315 cfm @ .600
cam is custom 292 Schneider 622 lift cam 242 @ .050 110 lsa 108 installed
hp950 Bg carb bypass regulator holley blue
Howards Max Effort Link bar lifters with anti pump up check balls. Supposedly good to 7k
I got the 6al set to 6800 and car keeps pulling.
Th400 trans 3000 stall
Msd 6al and msd 2 step Hurst line lock.

It's a 3400lb C3 And I want to finally take it to the track to get some slips now that I have tested it NA on backroads a while.

yeah.. I know it's a stock block. But I sonic checked it magnifluxed it... I ported the oil passages and deburred the block. I ported and polished the oil passages and 55HV pump.. port matched the Vic JR to match the flotek 220 ports perfectly verified with flashlight and used a cut to fit 1245 double thick (.120) gaskets because the heads have .200 raised runners and needed to raise the intake.

No it's not filled.

I know shit can break.. I'm OK if shit breaks but would like to get a season or 2. so maybe 100 dry?

Thanks
Sean

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
A good wet plate system, and some sort of ignition retard device will get you going. Start small and learn to read plugs (if you don’t already). A 75-100hp increase is pretty straightforward to get ironed out. Plugs that are 1-2 heat ranges cooler, and pulling timing correctly will let that thing live a long life. You just need to be proactive with solenoids, switches, wiring, etc… You can’t afford to figure out that the ignition retard input wire is compromised as you’re spraying it down the track.
You may find that you need more fuel pump if you run the engine and the nitrous system off the same pump.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A good wet plate system, and some sort of ignition retard device will get you going. Start small and learn to read plugs (if you don’t already). A 75-100hp increase is pretty straightforward to get ironed out. Plugs that are 1-2 heat ranges cooler, and pulling timing correctly will let that thing live a long life. You just need to be proactive with solenoids, switches, wiring, etc… You can’t afford to figure out that the ignition retard input wire is compromised as you’re spraying it down the track.
You may find that you need more fuel pump if you run the engine and the nitrous system off the same pump.
Thanks.. Vegaman also reached out. I'm going to start off with the Weekend Warrior Plate kit with 100 shot and take out 4° then read plugs.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Just make sure the engine doesn’t run any longer than absolutely necessary after making a nitrous pass if you’re reading plugs. Idle time/part throttle will not allow you to get accurate information from the spark plugs.

·
Super Moderator
12,220 Posts
If you're looking for a great plate system that will have the best tunes as well as real one on one tech support to help you through the learning process the Induction Solutions Saturday Night Special would be your best option.. It gives you a great starting Hp as well as plenty of room for growth (100-400 HP) later. It is not an out of the box system. It is also a hand built and flowed system. It will come with my personal cell number and I will help you with all your tuning.. Here's a link to the COMPLETE kit. That also being said it's the most complete kit on the market !! It will come with things like a nitrous pressure gauge in the bottle, a race safety in the bottle, a purge kit and so on... Hope this helps as well..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts