Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just building a little s10 with a 406. Dart Iron eagle platinum cast heads, 13:1, Lunati solid lift cam 290 dur, .610 lift. Vic jr with a Brawler 850. Elelbrock 165 pump. Hei with petronix coil and module fixed at 36 degrees. Headman fenderwell headers. My question is fuel. Could I get by with switching jets and running e85? What kind of power can i expect? I hope to fire it the first time this weekend. Just wondering what you all thought? Its parts Ive had for awhile and with all the covid stuff going on, I finally had time to put it all together.

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
I have seen some I know that have just jetted up their Holley's to run on E-85, but I don't think the boosters can flow enough fuel as the passages are too small on most gas main bodies IMO. Changing the metering blocks with the E-85's are a good start but look at the E-85 main body carbs to make sure the boosters can flow enough to make max power with it.

Reactions: 1Azgerman

·
Registered
778 Posts
Usually need more than just jet changes to run e85. My horsepower Innovations carb have a quite a few mods to main body, metering blocks and has annular boosters

1 - 5 of 5 Posts