Yellow Bullet Forums banner

521 - 540 of 660 Posts

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
It gives me something to watch on TV but I think the name needs to be changed to the "405's America's invitational list" or something....

If it truly was "America's list" and they left anyone in America show up and challenge for the list about 10-15 of those cars wouldn't even be on it....
The fact that JJ Manson showed up with his Coven while legit Memphis contenders were cut out says it all.

The 405 brought Chuck though, there's diversity for ya...

#20 with a bullet!!!

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Back in the beginning of Memphis it looked like they were putting all their money in the pot and then splitting it. I wonder if JJ got tired of splitting it and figured if he puts all his cars in he gets a bigger cut of the pie?

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Back in the beginning of Memphis it looked like they were putting all their money in the pot and then splitting it. I wonder if JJ got tired of splitting it and figured if he puts all his cars in he gets a bigger cut of the pie?
Hard to imagine the house wasn't taking a cut all along.

It was just a matter of time...

·
Registered
629 Posts
And starting at 2:05 on the above video...bolting wheelie bars on with no jack stands. If that HF jack failed when he's bolting the bottom right side, he'd lose his left arm.

That's just wrong on so many levels.
No f'n way I'm trusting my life to a 15 cent o-ring in a jack.

Especially a China made o-ring

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Made by the lowest bidder to boot! :oops:
Wouldn't matter to me if it were a double throw down, high dollar, best on the lot Heim-Warner, not going to do it. And never mind it failing and dropping, what if it slips off the bottom of the RE housing?!

We're all in agreement on this. Problem is, young and old inexperienced enthusiasts watch this shit and end up getting seriously injured. No different than when I see a fab shop using a 7" cut-off wheel on a 4-1/2" grinder, obviously with no guard. RPM ratings don't line up and will cause severe injury no doubt...just pisses me off.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hopefully eventually we get to the “shows” as a live event. I think human culture is going towards ‘live’ footage as opposed to recorded/produced footage.

Hell Tom Bailey and Cleetus are doing Midwest Drags this week and posting daily on each of their respected channels.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I heard Shawn kicked the Rods out of it in Columbus before the first round. Sounds pretty bad. I think its the second time he has hurts it recently.

·
Registered
141 Posts
They have a backup engine I believe, iirc.

But im sure it gets tough I’m sure when ya can’t afford legit machine work/engine building at the levels they are trying to run at.

·
Pontiac "big block"
10,168 Posts
I heard Shawn kicked the Rods out of it in Columbus before the first round. Sounds pretty bad. I think its the second time he has hurts it recently.
The new car has been kicking his ass lately. You hate to see it. Shawn has been hustling, but cant catche a break

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
His ceiling seems lower than other contenders lately. Might be time to read the writing on the wall.

·
Registered
6,739 Posts
I saw that too and wondered why no jack stands... They also never appear to be wearing seatbelts when driving anything but the race cars.
I hear their diet is horrible too.
Wouldn't matter to me if it were a double throw down, high dollar, best on the lot Heim-Warner, not going to do it. And never mind it failing and dropping, what if it slips off the bottom of the RE housing?!

We're all in agreement on this. Problem is, young and old inexperienced enthusiasts watch this shit and end up getting seriously injured. No different than when I see a fab shop using a 7" cut-off wheel on a 4-1/2" grinder, obviously with no guard. RPM ratings don't line up and will cause severe injury no doubt...just pisses me off.
I'm using a 3 ft blade with a 16ish" blade guard right now. 😤

·
Registered
10,748 Posts
"I told Lizzy if she ever watches me get lined up crooked like that again, we're breaking up. And if people ask why, I'm going to say because she tried to kill me." :LOL:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Not impressed by who got called up. Some good spot swaps tonite and list should be finalized in a couple weeks. Unless Axeman and his roid rage kills everyone next week lol. Just going by the outro clip, looks like he’s fed up with something.

521 - 540 of 660 Posts