Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7,024 Posts
The guy is coming into a lot of money.. 4,000 cars/trucks take the good and the bad .At 350/400 for a car 400/500 a truck.. Nice pay day at the end

·
Registered
7,024 Posts
Have you seen scrap prices right now??? Cars are not bringing close to that.
Yes I see the prices every Monday. In emails from my buyers that I scrap my car at... And he would get a higher price then the avg Joe. 4,000 cars at 3,000 to 5,000 plus lbs each. At 3,500 lbs per car *4,000 cars = 14,000,000 lbs of lite iron .

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Scrap up here is about 195.00 a ton. The guy that owned that place would not sell a car just parts. You now can buy a car from there.

·
Registered
7,024 Posts
Scrap up here is about 195.00 a ton. The guy that owned that place would not sell a car just parts. You now can buy a car from there.
That about the same around here 10.25 a hundred. For car with no cat/no battery or Alloy rims. 12.75 if the car has all 3

·
Registered
8,019 Posts
To bad he just doesn't put a flat price on all the cars.
Say 1g a piece.
And see how many get bought before he crushes them..
What a shame.

·
Registered
7,024 Posts
Say 1g a piece.
What a shame.
That or have a auction come in and sell them off.

·
Registered
28,611 Posts
Say 1g a piece.
What a shame.
My thoughts exactly. I've got an email out to them about some Studebaker parts. I'd love to get on the property.

·
Registered
148 Posts
there was a guy 3 hours away from me that just auctioned off 600 old cars he had been hoarding, some went for over 2 grand a piece and they were complete basket cases.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think I will head over there tomorrow since I live 30 minutes away. I drove by that place so many times I always wanted to see what was in there.

·
Registered
369 Posts
It was pretty picked 20 years ago. Not saying there's nothing good, but "treasures" have long ago been scooped up.....

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
Yard here crushed out few years ago. Was 7k cars/trucks. Nothen really newer then 74. They got 250.00 a car....I know. I asked the guys crushing. And the guy who ownd the yard

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
I will also add....metal was higher then from what its bringing now..

1 - 20 of 28 Posts