Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've got Griner 34G10 1+2 valve body.... Needing to varify its a reverse valve pattern...
We thought we could use the cheatah turbo action forward pattern shifter but that doesn't seem to be the case.....
We just installed transmission and was running it througth the gears and transbrake works in what should be 3rd and 2nd gear on the shifter... And not in first ON SHIFTER... So we've come to the conclusion that something is wrong or we need a different shifter or something....

Also while trying to figure this out and running it through the gears I do not feel nor see a difference on the tach going from 1st to 2nd... But when I pull it all the way down you feel a change and see a change on the tach.. is there some way it could be doing this just because there is no load on it while in the air?

Please help the lost! LOL...

·
Registered
4,731 Posts
Sounds like its acting normal in the air, Put the rite shifter in it and set it on the ground and drive it. With no load on the unit it will be hard to feel a 1-2 shift on the stands.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I tried dragging the brake while in the air and it was obvious that everything works... you can feel the shift and see the tach drop.. and it is a 1,2,3 pulling away from park. Car has a cheetah air shifter shifter with the air solenoid in the front of it.. and it is a rear exit cable.... Looking on their website it looks like we could use a different gate.. pt#70073B but will the air shift part work? I guess I need to call them because I cant find the info on their website..
The gate we have looks like the 70075B as seen in this pic..

·
Registered
13,485 Posts
AFAIK,
a shiftnoid electrical system (3 speed) that I have been installing needs to have verrry little detent action on the shifter itself..and a lot more positive detent action on the internal rooster insiode the trans for it to operate properly...
so there is esentially no movement to the side as in your far right photo that you have posted....
also, must not have excessive cable twists or drag, or it will be slow or even overshoot the detent.

·
Registered
4,731 Posts
I run a cheeta shifter as well with a reverse VB th400. I have the #70073b/70012 gate on mine. The air solinoid is located in the rear of the shifter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts