Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy a 40 hp diesel tractor with a loader. All the dealers around hear have some kind of deal going now. What brands should I stay away from?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,408 Posts
John Deere They have a stable lineup. They run their models unchanged for years and parts if you need them are usually very easy to get because. Some manufacturers change models/designs to often. They also hold their value better then the rest.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input. The Massey Ferguson dealer has a pretty sweet deal going on, but I noticed that their tractors come with several different brands of motors. (Simpson, Iseki etc)....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
257 Posts
i have a 02 4510jd. was looking at getting something newer. but all the new stuff is built so cheap and most are built over seas would rec buying a used one. i have over 500hrs on mine and the only problem i have had was a axle seal on the l/f leak.i would stick to a deere or kubota (used) if you are only buying new i would rec a kubota.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,187 Posts
Love our John Deere 4700
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41,197 Posts
Don't buy anything until you check out the John Deere 110. A little more money, the difference in machines is staggering.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,112 Posts
anyone owned a kubota for an extened period? They are actually supposed to be made in the USA.
I've had 1 for 2 years now and used it hard last year with all the snow and have had no problems at ALL . There way cheaper than a John Deere and look at all of them other brands none are U.S. made.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,281 Posts
There way cheaper than a John Deere and look at all of them other brands none are U.S. made.

Not true-the John Deere 20 Series CUT's are made in the good 'ol USA, plus they are turbo'd-

Look at it this way-if Kubota was so good, why do 80% of American farmers use Deere (the other 20 percent is between CNH, MF and others)? When you look at a Tractor, look for hydraulic capacity, loader lift, weight and rear axle type-Deere's have the consistent highest resale value, parts availability and Dealer support-
 

·
wife/gf thread MOD
Joined
·
2,715 Posts
Not true-the John Deere 20 Series CUT's are made in the good 'ol USA, plus they are turbo'd-

Look at it this way-if Kubota was so good, why do 80% of American farmers use Deere (the other 20 percent is between CNH, MF and others)? When you look at a Tractor, look for hydraulic capacity, loader lift, weight and rear axle type-Deere's have the consistent highest resale value, parts availability and Dealer support-
a kubota is a great machine for a smaller to mid size company or landscaper business. you cant compare them to john deere in the farming department. the biggest machine kubota has is something like a M9000 or something like that. rather large, still not really a farm tractor. again, kubota is more home owner where john deere is commercial
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,281 Posts
a kubota is a great machine for a smaller to mid size company or landscaper business. you cant compare them to john deere in the farming department. the biggest machine kubota has is something like a M9000 or something like that. rather large, still not really a farm tractor. again, kubota is more home owner where john deere is commercial

Not true, John Deere offers as many models of small Tractors as Kubota. Ok, then, why doesn't Kubota submit their Tractors to the Nebraska test? Every other major Tractor maker does-

And, i still stand by how you measure a Tractor (hydraulics, lift capacity, weight, etc.)
 

·
wife/gf thread MOD
Joined
·
2,715 Posts
i know jd offers compact tractors. my point is kubota dont make farm tractors. if your a home owner, kubota is the way to go
 
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Top