Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,
Does anyone out there in the Texas / Louisiana areas know of a trucking company that has a container sideloader.
That is a trailer that has a crane type setup at each end that lifts the container on and off the trailer and places on the ground next to it
In Australia they are a dime a dozen but I cant locate one in the States.
I have a race car (dragster) in Louisiana that I need to get the container off the trailer onto the ground to allow for easy loading.
If this isnt an option what about a roll on off arrangement.
Let me know
Thanks

·
Registered
16,542 Posts
A good size hd wrecker, or a rotator should be able to pop that off no problem.

·
Registered
476 Posts
SO OPEN THE DOORS AND ROLL IT ONTO A FLATBED
OR AS STATED , A ROTATER WILL LIFT A CONTAINER
JUST GET THE CREDIT CARD OUT AND $800+ WILL GET THAT BOX ON THE GROUND

·
Registered
16,542 Posts
I'm pretty sure a rotator will have no issues getting a 40' container off the trailer.

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
82,504 Posts
THE EASIEST...AND CHEAPEST...IS GONNA BE TO USE/RENT A LARGER LOADER WITH FORKS.....I'VE GOT A TRUCK IN AZ RIGHT NOW...THAT WE ARE DOING THIS ALSO.....BUT...IF IT'S IN LOUISIANA...THE SHIP YARD HAS ON....CRANE COMPANY...IF YOU CAN DRIVE AND HAVE IT UNLOADED...JUST TRYING TO HELP

·
Registered
17,853 Posts
Have any of you seen these side lifters the OP is talking about? I know what they are, I have used one, but just curious to know if you all know

·
time to go racing yet ?
35,141 Posts
why not just find someone with a roll back , put the digger on the roll back , back it up to the container and then push it in ?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Have any of you seen these side lifters the OP is talking about? I know what they are, I have used one, but just curious to know if you all know
They are called Top Loaders. Unless you are at a port or a company who supplies containers and chasis you will not find a top loader. Take the container to a warehouse that has a dock and ramp that leads to the ground. That's your cheapest solution.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts